Windows 10: The most useful Windows hotkeys

Discus and support The most useful Windows hotkeys in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I thought everyone knew it, but it turned out that so many users don't. Here are the best ones: 1. Win + D - show desktop; Win + E - open explorer;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SevoosMinecraft, Mar 31, 2023.

1. The most useful Windows hotkeys

I thought everyone knew it, but it turned out that so many users don't. Here are the best ones:
    1. Win + D - show desktop;

1. Win + E - open explorer;

2. Ctrl + Shift + esc - open task manager directly;

3. Win + Shift + S - open a super useful utility directly that helps you in making erased screenshots - if you need aa full one, it's easier to press PrtSc;

4. Win + PrtSc - make and save a screenshot in C:\Users\username\Pictures\Screenshots

5. Win + I - open Settings;

6. Just Win. I hear you, "how can anyone not know that the Win key opens the Start menu?!", but many don't know that even in Windows 10 and 11 you can directly start typing after opening the Start menu (just clicking in it works too, but it's less convenient in this case) and Windows starts searching. This cool feature has been inherited from Windows 7 with same functional. Just press Win and type.

Not that useful, but also interesting:

1. Win + H - open cool built-in speech recognition;
    2. Win + S - open the search box (idk what's the point since previous #7);
    3. Win + L - lock Windows (not logoff, processes keep running);
    4. Win + . - open emoji menu (wait, did it exist?!);
    5. Win + A - open the notifications menu;
    6. Win + Tab - open a menu similar to alt + tab but with ability to switch among virtual desktops.
    submitted by /u/SevoosMinecraft
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SevoosMinecraft, Mar 31, 2023
  2. NogtTL Win User

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Mar 31, 2023
  3. John Vil Win User
    My Windows 10 HotKeys Wont Work

Hi,

There may be several reasons why the hotkeys stopped working after the upgrade. We suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter to resolve your concern. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 31, 2023
  4. The most useful Windows hotkeys

Laptop hotkeys not working [windows10]

I used this method and get solution for wifi keys problem on windows 10 on Me HCL laptop.

I suggest you to try installing Hotkeys driver.

Follow these steps after install the drivers check if that helps.

• Download the keyboard drivers and hot fix (PHotkeys) driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Install driver on your system
    • Go to Path of installed driver Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Troubleshoot comparability’.
    • On the ‘Test Compatibility settings for the program pop up windows’ open and click the box ‘Test the program’ Once this is done, check if the issue persists.

bipinlimbasiya, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

The most useful Windows hotkeys

1. The most useful Windows hotkeys - Similar Threads - useful hotkeys

2. alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey: My alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after I attempt to use windowskey-tab hotkey.There are at least 2 ways to toggle in between your open windows and apps, right?: the alt-tab hotkey and the windowskey-tab hotkey. Any time I attempt to use the windowskey-tab hotkey, not only does...
  3. alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey: My alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after I attempt to use windowskey-tab hotkey.There are at least 2 ways to toggle in between your open windows and apps, right?: the alt-tab hotkey and the windowskey-tab hotkey. Any time I attempt to use the windowskey-tab hotkey, not only does...
  4. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  5. Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.

Game hotkeys not working and instead it uses keyboard hotkeys.: Basically, in every game I play the hotkeys for f1-f9 dont work because my keyboard has special hotkeys for them such as turning up brightness or lowering volume etc. i want to make it so that my computer prioritizes the game hotkeys instead of the keyboard hotkeysheres a...
  6. Use case of copying two huge transfers means hotkeys are enabled when alt tabbing happens...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use case of copying two huge transfers means hotkeys are enabled when alt tabbing happens...: Grab two huge directories of many GB. Copy them each one at a time. The destination has a few random files the same so eventually a multi prompt situation happens that accept hotkeys. Alt tab to your favorite word document and start writing up the bug report about this, it...
  7. Ctrl hotkeys producing symbols on text boxes, including when using on-screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl hotkeys producing symbols on text boxes, including when using on-screen keyboard: Hi:Laptop: HP Zbook, running Windows 10 EnterpriseI've had this problem for a few weeks now. Intermittently, my ctrl hotkeys will only generate symbols and not function as intended.Example:Ctrl+a select all instead produces ⍺ alphaCtrl+w bold produces ⍵Ctrl+s save produces ⌈,...
  8. Ctrl hotkeys producing symbols on text boxes, including when using on-screen keyboard

Ctrl hotkeys producing symbols on text boxes, including when using on-screen keyboard: Hi:Laptop: HP Zbook, running Windows 10 EnterpriseI've had this problem for a few weeks now. Intermittently, my ctrl hotkeys will only generate symbols and not function as intended.Example:Ctrl+a select all instead produces ⍺ alphaCtrl+w bold produces ⍵Ctrl+s save produces ⌈,...
  9. Ctrl hotkeys producing symbols on text boxes, including when using on-screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?

Twinkle Tray Brightness bug: Why is my brightness not showing when using Hotkeys?: Hi everyone.I've been using the program: Twinkle Tray, downloaded from the Microsoft Store, for many months and up until now it was working perfectly. However just today as I've logged in to my Desktop PC - I've noticed that on my keyboard when using the ↑ arrow key to...