Windows 10: the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

Discus and support the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by olgaQL., May 15, 2020.

1. olgaQL. Win User

the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys, yet the mouse control with the key pad is turned off. this is very inconvenient and I don't like it. how to fix it?

again, the function to control the mouse with keys is turned OFF. this is awful. how do I fix it?

:)

olgaQL., May 15, 2020

2. Mouse pointer moving on arrow keys pressed

I'm encountering a strange problem on my W10 computer, for a few days my arrow keys have been "driving" my mouse pointer. Pressing the left arrow key will move the pointer a few pixels left, etc.

The first thing that came to my mind was "oh well, I must have enabled Mouse Keys inadvertently". But Mouse Keys use the numpad and even then, it's not enabled. Rebooting doesn't help, but I've noticed it doesn't happen if the current window is ran as another user (Administrator) or if it's the Task Manager, which suggests the event filter that's catching the key press events is only active on my UID.

I've tried killing various processes but I'm running out of ideas. I'm fairly sure it's a dumb issue but it's been driving me nuts.

zdimension, May 15, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Cursor moves when pressing direction keys

Try turning scroll lock to ‘On’.

Press the Windows key on your keyboard & in the box that appears, type Ease of Access mouse settings and press enter.

In the Mouse Keys section, toggle the switch under ‘Use numeric pad to move mouse around the screen’ to ‘Off’.

Press Alt+F4 to exit this menu.

Or:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box & type ms-settings: and press enter.

In your Settings window, the text cursor is already in the search box. Type "mouse keys." Press the down arrow on your keyboard to select the first suggestion, ‘Control the mouse pointer with the keyboard’.

Click enter & The Ease of Use settings for your mouse is opened, then to turn off Mouse Keys to use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer. Press Space to toggle the button to the off.

Time Lady, May 15, 2020
  4. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

Arrow keys moving mouse cursor

My keyboard is moving my mouse cursor again, from the arrow keys. I checked in the settings and turned off, again, the setting that makes the num keys move the mouse, but the arrow keys are still doing it. I just want to turn this off. this is not
    the first time it has happened and I can never remember how I managed to make it stop the previous times. I do remember that sometimes it just stops after i mess around for 2 hours trying to make it stop, or by unplugging and replugging my mouse. I just want
    it to stop.

jacobmattison2, May 15, 2020
Thema:

the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys

1. the mouse on my screen moves when I press arrow keys - Similar Threads - mouse screen moves

2. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  3. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10: Been dealing with this for a few months now. Sometimes it'll be fine for a week or so, sometimes it'll be an all day thing, or somewhere in the middle. The best I can describe it is that it's like someone keeps pressing the right arrow key rapidly. If I single-click on an...
  4. Mouse/arrow keys moving on their own Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When i press my arrow keys my PC starts lagging

When i press my arrow keys my PC starts lagging: Hey, Recently ive noticed when i press my arrow keys that my pc becomes slow and starts lagging. Ive tried looking throughout the internet and didnt find anything useful. Ive tried nearly everything i can think of. I plugged out and in the keyboard, uninstalled the driver,...
  6. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  7. My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse pointer moves using arrow keys only when I am typing: I don't know how this happened but now when I am typing in a text field and try to move my typing pointer the blinking line using arrow keys, my mouse pointer also moves along in that direction as if the accessibility controls to control mouse using arrow keys were enabled. I...
  8. cursor not moving when key is pressed

cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89
  9. Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.

Arrow keys keep moving the mouse, but I don't have mouse keys on.: Title. Every time I touch the arrow keys, my mouse's pointer moves. I don't know how to fix this, can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/arrow-keys-keep-moving-the-mouse-but-i-dont-have/b39c166c-e22c-4b27-aff1-1b303ffa5477
  10. mouse not moving when key pressed

mouse not moving when key pressed: my mouse doesn't move when a key is pressed. I noticed that when I started playing osu! I have an HP Envy computer with a Synaptics SMBus ClickPad trackpad. I unchecked "hide pointer while typing" but the problem continues. Is there any fix? If so, what's the fix?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse will not go to 2nd screen