Windows 10: The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

Discus and support The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened, but it can be used normally. OS is Windows10 20H2, Background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LeoLiCN, Jan 9, 2022.

1. LeoLiCN Win User

The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened, but it can be used normally. OS is Windows10 20H2, Background CPU and memory use less than 45% temporarily. All background programs are genuine software. No rogue software and viruses

:)

LeoLiCN, Jan 9, 2022

2. Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Jan 9, 2022
  4. The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

1. The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,... - Similar Threads - mouse pointer keeps

2. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  3. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  4. The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...: The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened, but it can be used normally. OS is Windows10 20H2, Background CPU and memory use less than 45% temporarily. All background programs are genuine software. No rogue software and viruses...
  5. The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened,...: The mouse pointer keeps displaying the working in background state. No program is opened, but it can be used normally. OS is Windows10 20H2, Background CPU and memory use less than 45% temporarily. All background programs are genuine software. No rogue software and viruses...
  6. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  7. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  8. Mouse Pointer not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer not Working: Mouse pointer isn't working in outside windows environment it is showing nor responding my commands , for example in windows defender offline scan , bitdefender rescue mode , windows reinstall through flash drive or cd , kaspersky rescue mode , ubunto ,etc .but when I boot...
  9. Mouse pointer not displaying

Mouse pointer not displaying: Hi, my mouse stopped displaying on screen about a day ago for no reason. Have tried to do an update of driver but it says it’s the most up to date one. Tried removing the mouse and re installing but still nothing....
  10. Mouse pointer keeps disappearing

Mouse pointer keeps disappearing: I'm not sure what button is getting pushed or if I'm doing something wrong, but every so often with no warning or intent on my part, the mouse pointer disappears. It takes forever to get to settings to reset it because I can't see where it is. Is there a way to lock my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pointer always in busy mode