Windows 10: The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today

Discus and support The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Less than 2 years ago, I bought the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop, which is one of these:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CraftyMaelyss, Jan 20, 2019.

1. The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today

Less than 2 years ago, I bought the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop, which is one of these:
    https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/products/keyboards/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop/l5v-00001

Up to this day, it has worked brilliantly but now I have an issue with the mouse wheel, where if I scroll up or down, it simply doesn't work.

I checked the light/sensor to see if there was any dirty blocking or clogging it up but there was none.

I tried turning it off and on again, with no effect.

I tried looking up to see if the driver needed an update, which it says it doesn't.
    The only way I can get the scroll to work is by pushing the wheel down like a button and sometimes after doing that, the mouse wheel works for a short while before stopping again.

I have also checked the batteries, which isn't an issue.

I use this mouse because I have arthritis and struggle with normal mice and keyboards after an extended period of time, and I'm certain this is within warranty.

Can anybody help me on this?

:)

CraftyMaelyss, Jan 20, 2019

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse

I bought this mouse 10 May 2017 from Officeworks Australia in the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Combo Set for $148 and absolutely love the design. However, the wheel now doesn't work at all and
    neither the left nor right click buttons work as of today. I have been very careful to keep the mouse clean and have never been rough with it so I am disappointed that it is now unusable. For this price, I expected better. Is there any way to get the mouse
    fixed?

Kathryn Harris (kharris), Jan 20, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 20, 2019
  4. yahanna Win User

The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today

MS Sculpt Mouse Suddenly Stopped Working.. Help!

I got a Microsoft Sculpt Mouse that has been working for a while. But now the scroll wheel doesnt work. It was working perfectly yesterday. I suspect it to be software related. I tried uninstalling the driver. But that doesnt work. What do you suggest?

yahanna, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today

1. The mouse wheel from my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop suddenly stopped working today - Similar Threads - mouse wheel Microsoft

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop mouse works, but not keyboard or # pad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop mouse works, but not keyboard or # pad: I installed, uninstalled, re-installed the devices and the drivers, restarted my PC, changed batteries twice - nothing seems to get the keyboard going. There's only one dongle, not separate for each device, right? The mouse works fine, keyboard and number pad are...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop mouse works, but not keyboard or # pad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop mouse works, but not keyboard or # pad: I installed, uninstalled, re-installed the devices and the drivers, restarted my PC, changed batteries twice - nothing seems to get the keyboard going. There's only one dongle, not separate for each device, right? The mouse works fine, keyboard and number pad are...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop mouse works, but not keyboard or # pad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop not working

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop not working: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard that it's not working. The problem seems to be that it does not turn on no green light between the space bars. The companion numpad and mouse are working fine. So far I've tried:- Replacing the batteries- Restarting the...
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop not working: I have a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard that it's not working. The problem seems to be that it does not turn on no green light between the space bars. The companion numpad and mouse are working fine. So far I've tried:- Replacing the batteries- Restarting the...
  7. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse use with Microsoft Sculpt Desktop reciever

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse use with Microsoft Sculpt Desktop reciever: Hi,I have just bought a new Microsoft Sculpt Desktop - I am loving the keyboard, but the mouse is too small for my larger hands and prefer the size and comfort of the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse instead.Question is this: Is there a way to have Sculpt Ergonomic mouse...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Stopped Working

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse - Stopped Working: This mouse has stopped working but others work fine when connected. Does this model have a shelf life? I have used it since 2015. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sculpt-ergonomic-mouse-stopped-working/3d754eea-089b-4a01-b3e4-ac0cc0f165b4
  10. My Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard stopped working

My Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop keyboard stopped working: hi, This has been very very frustrating for me and this is my last and final call for help before I decide to throw this keyboard and buy a another one. I have read every possible article online, updated drivers, uninstalls and install drivers, and my keyboard just stop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wheel not working microsoft ergonomic mouse

2. sculpt ergonomic mouse wheel not working

3. MS Ergonomic Sculpt keyboard and mosue pair not working

4. mouse stopped scrolling windows 10 sculpt ergonomic desktop,
  5. microsoft ergonomic mouse suddenly backward page,
  6. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop stopped working