Windows 10: The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

Discus and support The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Your mouse's polling rate could cause performance issues when playing games. So, next time you have performance issues, try fiddling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FaridAmel, Feb 18, 2021.

1. FaridAmel Win User

The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

Hello everyone,

Your mouse's polling rate could cause performance issues when playing games. So, next time you have performance issues, try fiddling with the polling rate of your mouse.

thank you,

Farid.

:)

FaridAmel, Feb 18, 2021

2. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

Win 10 seems to have the same issue that Win 8.1 had with the mouse polling rate where the desktop polling rate is locked at 200Hz. I have not validated the actual Hz but the mouse feels the same as 8.1. This is not a gaming issue, I am pretty sure most games will work at the correct polling rate it is just that the desktop no longer does. I am a CAD user and am use to very finite control using a 1000 polling rate and 2400 DPI with a Razer Deathadder.

Anyone here know of a fix? I have not tried the Win 8.1 fix as that fix did not work for me. I don't understand why MS changed this? I'll assume tablet compatibility but it makes for a very lousy mouse experience when you've been used to a 1000 polling rate since Win 7.

troutspinner, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

It is not a solution for polling rate. I just re-read the Win8.1 fix and may have messed up a step when I tried it in Win8.1. I'll have to see if this same solution will fix it in 10. This is the fix I am referring to. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

troutspinner, Feb 18, 2021
  4. The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

Need a Complete Windows 10 Mouse (and other device) Polling Rates Listing!

Hello,

I would like to inform that polling rate of any device depends on the hardware.

The polling rate of a mouse is how often it
    reports its position to a computer which is measured in Hz. A mouse will report its position 125 times every second
    which shows, its polling rate
    is 125 Hz.

You may set the polling rate in the control panel if the mouse supports high polling rate.

You may try contacting the manufacturer of the hardware regarding this.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

1. The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues - Similar Threads - Mouse's Polling Rate

2. Mouse Performance Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Performance Issue: I have a mouse Logitech G Pro X Superlight Wireless and every time I play a heavy game or get my fps below 40 it always has a delay when turning the camera, I know this happens because when I test my camera movement with my Bloody A90 mouse, it doesn't happen. Is this...
  3. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  4. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  5. Mouse performance issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse performance issue: After the recent update earlier this past week, my mouse has become erratic. It acts as though a single click is instantly read as a double of triple click. How can this be rectified, the mouse isa Logitech wireless....
  6. New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate: [ATTACH] IRVINE, Calif. – Razer™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced their new proprietary Razer™ HyperPolling Technology, debuting in the new Razer Viper 8KHz mouse, the world’s first esports gaming mouse...
  7. 1000hz polling rate causes massive fps drop on win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1000hz polling rate causes massive fps drop on win10: Any game I play it just halfs my fps whenever I move my mouse. Installed win7, had no issues. Fps remained the same no matter what polling rate I was using. Installed an older version of win10, same problems back again. Searched on google for solutions, tried multiple things...
  8. Can't increase mouse polling rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't increase mouse polling rate: Apparently this is an issue with the Windows 10 past certain builds. I've been trying to increase my mouse polling rate which is supposed to be 1000hz but on Win 10 is only workint at 125hz. I tried to do it with the HIDUSBF method and whenever I increase it to any number...
  9. USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10: I will definitely come off as "that guy" when I'm posting this thread but anyway, this is something I feel I need some assistance with. I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently and the experience so far has been very rewarding. It is indeed refreshing to see a nice operating...
  10. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate: Win 10 seems to have the same issue that Win 8.1 had with the mouse polling rate where the desktop polling rate is locked at 200Hz. I have not validated the actual Hz but the mouse feels the same as 8.1. This is not a gaming issue, I am pretty sure most games will work at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Raxer pooling ratę problem