Windows 10: The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

Discus and support The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I somehow set the mpssvc service's startup type to disabled, but now I want it back on. The problem is, I can not set it back to auto, no matter I do.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dimitarkolevdtd, Dec 7, 2020.

1. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

I somehow set the mpssvc service's startup type to disabled, but now I want it back on. The problem is, I can not set it back to auto, no matter I do. Screenshots attached.

The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it 9714a644-c421-4348-a1da-fbdf8a2773a7?upload=true.png

The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it 5975a244-f696-480d-8d5e-50f056916e41?upload=true.png

:)

dimitarkolevdtd, Dec 7, 2020

2. Disable Services

I have disabled some services and have changed startup type for some to Manual or Automatic (Delayed Start) on my system. You just have to be very careful with what services you choose to disable while also remembering what services you've changed startup type for. I am not experiencing any problems on my system. However, it is best to backup your system or at least create a System Restore point before you go ahead and do so. Here's a guide to which services you can disable on your system. Do it at your own risk.

Which Windows services are safe to disable and when? | Digital Citizen

The startup types may also be reset to their defaults after updates and so you may have to revisit them again.

The below list can be helpful when you need to revert to the default startup types for services
    Windows 10 Service Defaults

PrivacyFreak, Dec 7, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 7, 2020
  4. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

Windows 10 - svchost running at max cpu with MpsSvc seen as the top consumer

Hello,

Based on your post, we may need to do further investigation. Kindly confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.

Meanwhile, let's troubleshoot the issue by performing steps below:

Method 1: Start and stop the Services.

• Click Start -> Run, type “services.msc” (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
    • Double click the service “Automatic Updates”.
    • Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option “Local System Account” is selected and the option “Allow service to interact with desktop” is unchecked.
    • Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.
    • Click on the tab “General” and make sure the “Startup Type” is “Automatic”. Then please click the button “Start” under “Service Status” to start the service.
    • Repeat the above steps with the other service: Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).

Method 2: If still the issue persist, then we suggest running the SFC scan.
    System File Checker tool is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions
    in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Regarding the issue with Windows Defender, if you have any third party antivirus software and firewall disable them temporarily and make sure that the Windows Firewall is turned on.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it

1. The mpssvc service is in the disabled startup type and I can't change it - Similar Threads - mpssvc service disabled

2. I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I...: I want to change the startup type for the delivery optimization setting in services but I can't because it says access denied. It makes my pc run very slow because it uses a lot of bandwidth,When I play games it is very noticeable as my ping goes between 200-700ms and is not...
  3. why am i unable to change the startup type of this service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i unable to change the startup type of this service: Hello, i am unable to change the startup type of the: TextInputManagementService. it's all greyed out, and i am unable interact with the service in any way.I would like to change the startup type of this service, please help....
  4. why am i unable to change the startup type of this service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why am i unable to change the startup type of this service: Hello, i am unable to change the startup type of the: TextInputManagementService. it's all greyed out, and i am unable interact with the service in any way.I would like to change the startup type of this service, please help....
  5. can't change windows startup type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't change windows startup type: so I wanted to do this according to some websites to fix one of my update issues, but it said "access denied". you can also see it in the picture I uploaded. can you help me with that?...
  6. can't change windows startup type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't change windows startup type: so I wanted to do this according to some websites to fix one of my update issues, but it said "access denied". you can also see it in the picture I uploaded. can you help me with that?...
  7. can't change windows startup type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Not able to change startup type of windows update service from disabled to any other

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to change startup type of windows update service from disabled to any other: So i have windows 10 installed on my computer since the day i bought it and recently have been facing an issue where when i go to settings>>update, the windows update screen shows blank and just keeps loading forever. When i tried to check the windows update service, the...
  9. I am unable to change startup type in services

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am unable to change startup type in services: A setting changed somewhere. I can no longer change startup type in services. If I run services with administrator rights I get an error 5 when I try to change Windows Defender Update from manual to automatic. I had changed this to manual in error. Now everyday I get a...
  10. I can't type on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't type on startup: When I start my computer I can't type in my password because Windows thinks I'm holding down a key or keys. This problem also starts to happen whenever I'm playing games. Does anyone know what it could be or how I could fix it? Holding the power button and then turning my PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mpssvc cannot change startup type