Windows 10: The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start

Discus and support The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Both pop-up an empty window and then crash back to the desktop. I've reset the 'App' settings for both programs, but this did not change either. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David_Ford, Feb 15, 2019.

1. The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start

Both pop-up an empty window and then crash back to the desktop.

I've reset the 'App' settings for both programs, but this did not change either. Both are still crashing.

:)

David_Ford, Feb 15, 2019

2. Start Alarms and Clocks in Clocks tab

How can I start the Alarms and Clocks applet with the Clocks tab open?

• I need more than the three world clocks supported by the task bar hover.
    • The Alarms and Clocks applet supports many clocks, and looks nice.
    • The applet opens on the Alarms tab (which is useless to me).
    • I have to click on the Clocks tab. Not a big task, obviously, but annoying when all I want is to quickly check the time in another country.
    I'd like to be able to set my Quick Launch Alarms and Clocks icon to automatically open on the Clocks tab. That way, the clocks would flash up, I could check the time, and quickly move on.

Interestingly, sometimes, the applet does open to Clocks (presumably, to the last used view), but not always.

FoodFinger2, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Anyone else having problems with the Alarm & Clock App Tile?

My Alarm & Clock App shows no Icon on the tile and appears at the very bottom of the App list, instead of under A. Also Rather than showing the words Alarms & Clocks it shows:

@{Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1506.19010.0_x64_8wekyb3d8bbwe?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsAlarms/Resources/AppName/Text}

This also appears at the top of the window when the app is open, is there any way to force a repair on this app?

Any suggestions?

Steven Swales, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Kris Ver Win User

The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start

alarm clock

Hi Diane,

We would like to verify some information regarding your concern. Are you trying to turn off an existing alarm? If so, here are the steps on how to turn off alarm clock in Windows 10:

1. Open Start.

2. Type “alarms” into the search box.

3. Select “Alarms & Clock” from the list of results.

The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start f54bb39b-8098-4602-b0b6-3222db87f37e.png

4. On the Alarms & Clock window, click the toggle on the right side of an existing alarm.

The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start d7b16df4-10a7-4525-87da-8613290ee16b.png

We'll always be here if you need further assistance.

Kris Ver, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start

1. The MS Calculator adn MS Alarms and Clock both don't start - Similar Threads - Calculator adn Alarms

2. redirect ms-calculator to a website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    redirect ms-calculator to a website: I prefer a web based calculator to the default calculator. I also have a calculator key on my keyboard that auto opens a ms-calculator link. would it be possible to redirect this link to a website?...
  3. redirect ms-calculator to a website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    redirect ms-calculator to a website: I prefer a web based calculator to the default calculator. I also have a calculator key on my keyboard that auto opens a ms-calculator link. would it be possible to redirect this link to a website?...
  4. redirect ms-calculator to a website

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Alarm and Clock

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alarm and Clock: The notification appears for alarm and clock, in the form of a sound and a notification in the action center. However, after like 10 seconds, the alarm along with the notification just disappears. There is no information online about this issue so it is frustrating....
  6. MS calculator

MS calculator: MS calculator used to show a running account of the calculations in the display. Now I must open the history icon to see the calculations. Can this be corrected to once again show the calculations in the calculator's main screen? In other words, the calculator's screen...
  7. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock: Is there a alarm clock software for windows 10 that will let me listen to my music as i fall asleep and when the alarm goes off, it stops windows media player and has volume control so i can make the alarm maxed out? or is there a way to max the volume of said alarm clock...
  8. Start Menu and ms-settings don't work

Start Menu and ms-settings don't work: Greetings, When I woke up and turned on my PC everything was normal but, when I signed in everything was black I can move my cursor around and open task manager but nothing else. After a few minutes, the desktop loaded and now I cannot open the start menu and any of the...
  9. ms-calculator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms-calculator: How do I stop the calculator from popping up hundreds of times an hour? I reset it to no effect, and then deleted it, but then the 'you'll need a new app to open the ms-calculator' popped up often enough to render work next to impossible. I use Windows 10....
  10. Alarms & Clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alarms & Clock: Please help with a perplexing issue. Have been using this app with no issues and decided to redo my alarms so I deleted all alarms and reset some of them how ever suddenly I was receiving duplicate alarms. So decided to delete all alarms and timers. Now I am still getting...