Windows 10: the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help

Discus and support the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, so long story short, I bought The Sims 4 today on Origin. To play it you need to download the launcher, so I tried, but then a message popped up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PascaleOwl, Sep 4, 2020.

1. the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help

Hi, so long story short, I bought The Sims 4 today on Origin. To play it you need to download the launcher, so I tried, but then a message popped up and said something like ''MSVCP140.dlll is missing, delete the program and reinstall it to fix the issue.''
    I did, and it still didn't work for some reason.
    Then I tried on Steam! Same problem. I tried to play another game to see if it happens again, and it worked perfectly.

So I looked on some websites and found some solutions, but you have to pay for them, I don't have the funds for that.

What's the issue with the missing file? What should I do?

:)

PascaleOwl, Sep 4, 2020
  2. barryrey Win User

MSVCP140.dll is missing in my Win 10

i have a similar problem i have nero burning rom on and it was running ok but i`ve not used it for a couple off months, and now it will not start and says msvcp140.dll and vcrruntime.dll is missing i`ve tried all your command prompt and none of can you help
    me to sort this out thanks

barryrey, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Themida Error - Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll'.

Hi Caleb,

The error message Cannot find 'MSVCP140.dll' that you are getting may be due to a corrupted software on the computer. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on the computer. This will revert the system files back to its default state. Please click this
      link and follow the instructions provided by
      ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP).
    • If the SFC scan doesn't work, kindly follow the instructions under DISM found on the same link.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Charianne Per, Sep 4, 2020
  4. the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help

1. the mystery of the ''MSVCP140.dlll'' please help - Similar Threads - mystery ''MSVCP140 dlll''

2. Please Help Me Solve this Mystery : Unable to Access to the "Manage Controlled folder...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help Me Solve this Mystery : Unable to Access to the "Manage Controlled folder...: Hello guys! I hope you guys are well. I find myself with a bit of an issue. I have a specific folder in "My Document" that is read only and that always reverts to that even after changing that option. After trying quite a few things, I read that the controlled folder access...
  3. PLEASE HELP SOLVE MYSTERY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PLEASE HELP SOLVE MYSTERY: For about two months now my Dell Latitude E5570 has been giving me an extremely hard time. Before I get into detail of the issues at hand, I have combed through thread after thread and I can't find any resolution to my problems, or really even something close to what I'm...
  4. Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help - unable to reset - frozen mystery: [ATTACH] Inherited PC. Person that died was educated in computers. Trying to wipe PC clean for personal use. I get stuck at the screen below every time. Disables my mouse and keyboard to select anything. I think he rigged it to be this way. I burned a Win10 ISO USB to wipe...
  5. msvcp140.dll

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    msvcp140.dll: I just had an update to Windows 10 and now I am getting an error stating MSVCP140.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. I tried deleting the file but it comes back with "file is open in wlanext.exe" and am unable to delete I am unable to open any...
  6. Mystery Cruise help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mystery Cruise help: how do you solve the lightbulb mini game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-cruise-help/90bcb2c4-df4d-4b08-8830-56150d088918"
  7. Mystery SID. Help plz.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery SID. Help plz.: When I find, and then search, an unknown user in my computer, and nothing comes back, I worry. S-1-5-21-2345238457-1554497050-1494753864-1000 Is this defaultuser0, my alter-ego? This is me: S-1-5-21-2345238457-1554497050-1494753864-1001 So, who is this...
  8. Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Please with a Win10 Activation Mystery: Hi There, I am now stumped .............. Background: 1) Have previously upgraded & dumped a Win7_64 Ult [SlicBios] into Win10_64 Pro and achieved successful online activation. 2) Following 1) & starting with a 'fresh' {OFFLINE} install of W10_64 Pro, whereby I...
  9. Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Command Prompt popups - please help: Since a couple of weeks now i have the command prompt popping up every hour or two. It's just a flicker, gone so fast that i cannot read what is causing the popup (the prompt seems empty btw). I looked in Task Scheduler but there are no tasks shown that did run in the last...
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590