Windows 10: The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11

Discus and support The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I needed to switch Internet, I checked the tray and found out that network icon is missing. I know network icon was combined with the sound icon and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by {EllEN}, May 7, 2022.

1. {EllEN} Win User

The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11

I needed to switch Internet, I checked the tray and found out that network icon is missing. I know network icon was combined with the sound icon and it was there after I upgraded to windows 11. But now I have only sound icon see screen-shot. I can't find the network icon anywhere or the way to enable it. It's not wi-fi, it's LAN Internet icon.I've searched over Internet and checked Group Policies and everything there as "not configured". I don't know where else to look.

:)

{EllEN}, May 7, 2022

2. Network icon missing

The network icon that appears in the bottom left notification tray area is missing, and has been missing for awhile. I've followed steps for deleting a couple registrys, as well as turning off and on certain notifications in the settings menu. Neither
    worked.

Shanevolution, May 7, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Pro 1809 - Missing Network/WiFi icon in system tray

Missing the networking/wifi icon in the system tray. I am not sure when it disappeared, but it is gone. I would like to get it back. It shows up on the lock screen.

This is what I have tried:

1. Updated drivers for wired and wireless adapters
    2. Removed/added wired and wireless adapters through device manager
    3. Checked to make sure the Network icon wasn't turned off
    4. Checked gpedit.msc (this is not a domain connected machine)
    Anything else I can try?

markvalpreda, May 7, 2022
  4. The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11

System Notification Tray Missing

No dice. It's my entire system tray that's missing, not just the icons in it.

SagaHaraldsdottir, May 7, 2022
Thema:

The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11

1. The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11 - Similar Threads - network tray icon

2. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  3. Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Settings/Notifications icon in tray, Windows 11: Somehow, the icon for Settings/Notifications disappeared from my Tray. It used to appear to the right of the clock-see screenshot. It looked like a small folder from which I could open notifications and settings. Also, how do I get rid of the Security icon that appears with...
  4. Wifi Icon is missing in system tray Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Icon is missing in system tray Windows 11: My Wi-Fi icon is missing in the system tray, I have tried everything I could find online, but the solutions didn't resolve my issueI tried going to "turn system icons on or off" using a run command, but the options were grayed out, and it said that "some settings are managed...
  5. Wifi Icon is missing in system tray Windows 11

Wifi Icon is missing in system tray Windows 11: My Wi-Fi icon is missing in the system tray, I have tried everything I could find online, but the solutions didn't resolve my issueI tried going to "turn system icons on or off" using a run command, but the options were grayed out, and it said that "some settings are managed...
  6. The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11

The network tray icon is missing / Windows 11: I needed to switch Internet, I checked the tray and found out that network icon is missing. I know network icon was combined with the sound icon and it was there after I upgraded to windows 11. But now I have only sound icon see screen-shot. I can't find the network icon...
  7. Windows 11 Network/ethernet tray icon disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Network/ethernet tray icon disappeared.: Hello there, I'm using win11 21h2 22000.194 version. I have upgraded my windows 10 to win11 via microsoft updater tool. Everything seems and was working fine. When i did restart my system, network logo has dissappeard. Sadly thing is, windows 11 does not have an option for...
  8. Windows 11 Network/ethernet tray icon disappeared.

Windows 11 Network/ethernet tray icon disappeared.: Hello there, I'm using win11 21h2 22000.194 version. I have upgraded my windows 10 to win11 via microsoft updater tool. Everything seems and was working fine. When i did restart my system, network logo has dissappeard. Sadly thing is, windows 11 does not have an option for...
  9. Taskbar icons tray is missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons tray is missing.: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  10. Icon missing in tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon missing in tray: My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I switch the laptop back on. I believe I have followed all the guidance on keeping it permanent, but it doesn't work at all...