Windows 10: The new application recording update.

Discus and support The new application recording update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently Microsoft has seen fit to implement a new feature for those who's computers have malicious applications recording their online activities.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mintbeef, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Mintbeef Win User

The new application recording update.

Recently Microsoft has seen fit to implement a new feature for those who's computers have malicious applications recording their online activities. This implementation is in the form of a bright thick yellow outline around any application that is currently being recorded by another. This features intent is to help users who might have malicious software installed trying to steal information from them via recording their browser activity, or at least to my knowledge that is their intent.

This feature at current has no method to be disabled. Thick yellow outlines around any recorded application, no exceptions. I myself may not be some grand content creator, however I indeed do record videos or stream content occasionally and to have this bright thick outline around any game I'm playing whilst it's recorded is mind numbing. If I had the education to I would personally rampage through whatever registry files required to delete this feature from my computer regardless of the great risks in doing so, however I do not, so I'll leave such ventures to those that do.

In summary this feature is only relevant to an incredibly small percentage of people and even then only on a potential basis. This has not and will never benefit myself as I'm not out hunting for Trojans like the poor fools this was made for. If windows doesn't allow us to disable this absurd eye sore of a feature I have no doubts people will find a much more brute force method of dangerously doing it themselves. I dream of a day when Microsoft actually cares about it's users as opposed to randomly dropping updates into the platform for **** and giggles without any logical analysis.

:)

Mintbeef, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Sep 8, 2020
  4. The new application recording update.

Steps Recorder in Windows 10

Hi,

To further assist you, we suggest that you provide your feedback on how to improve the resolution using the Steps Recorder by going to the Feedback Hub. Refer to the steps below:

• Go to Search or Cortana.
    • Type Windows Feedback.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

The new application recording update.

1. The new application recording update. - Similar Threads - application recording update

2. Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications: HiLast month, Due to an audio driver issue & MS Store stuck on downloading, I completely reset my laptop using recovery method wiping and re-installing everything through windows recovery.Now, Microsoft Store fails to update apps or install new apps and any apps which I try...
  3. Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications: HiLast month, Due to an audio driver issue & MS Store stuck on downloading, I completely reset my laptop using recovery method wiping and re-installing everything through windows recovery.Now, Microsoft Store fails to update apps or install new apps and any apps which I try...
  4. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  5. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Settings: Recording froze application.: So I was just messing in the Sound Settings a bit, changing my microphone levels. But when I pressed on recording, the Sound Settings Application froze. I can't get it to unfreeze. Restarting didn't help at all. I can't change the volume of my microphone now. Help!...
  6. Sound Settings: Recording froze application.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. why Hebrew is not applicable as a talking/recording language?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why Hebrew is not applicable as a talking/recording language?: Hello My windows setting inlude Hebrew at all the language settings exept for the talking - there hebrew is'nt applicable and I also can't download or change it. Please let me know how to change it. Thank you...
  8. Update record faulty

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update record faulty: How can I tell when / if the May update is installed? Will the change be visible and obvious? I ask because I have just had an update which took a long time, much longer than usual, but the Update History is blank (I have had that problem before) so I cannot check. By opening...
  9. Can't find my screen recorder application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't find my screen recorder application: I just installed a new screen recorder FlashBack Express 5 and changed all the settings. But when I closed it I couldn't find it. Even if I search for the app, I can't find it. P.S. I did enable"Shortcut on Desktop" and the shortcut wasn't there....
  10. Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!: I am so baffled that every application seems to open normally but Voice Recorder. When I click on it from the task bar or from a desktop icon, it will pop up for a few seconds then seemingly close. I've used it quite frequently in the past and I'm not sure why it's now not...