Windows 10: The new critical update has broken my laptop

Discus and support The new critical update has broken my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there, I have installed the latest critical update on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 laptop running windows 10 and now it's thoroughly borked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VClutton, Oct 12, 2019.

1. VClutton Win User

The new critical update has broken my laptop

Hi there,

I have installed the latest critical update on my Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 laptop running windows 10 and now it's thoroughly borked.

I followed the steps on windows.com/stopcode as advised on the bluescreen but my laptop was unable to start in safe mode (It didn't even get far enough to give me the option of safe mode) . I've spent the day attempting various other options (restore the laptop to an earlier state, resetting the laptop) none of which have been successful. Does anyone have an idea of what I should do next?

Sorry for the lack of detailed error codes I forgot to take notes as I was trying things. Happy to provide more information if needed.

:)

VClutton, Oct 12, 2019

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Beven Win User

Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

The new critical update has broken my laptop GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. The new critical update has broken my laptop - Similar Threads - critical update has

2. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your update has broken my computer: Hi first time doing this, after a windows update I have lost the ability's to use one of my graphic drivers. I have factory reset, I have installed my driver fresh from the website, your window 10 will not let me return to any or an older save. I really need my computer to...
  3. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your update has broken my computer: Hi first time doing this, after a windows update I have lost the ability's to use one of my graphic drivers. I have factory reset, I have installed my driver fresh from the website, your window 10 will not let me return to any or an older save. I really need my computer to...
  4. Your update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?

in Windows 10 Support
    New Cumulative Update has Broken Copy Function?: Has anyone noticed that since the last cumulative update (last week) that the copy function is not working quite as well as it should? I'm having trouble copying folders from one drive to another, especially when multiple folders are selected. The copy will also stop dead...
  6. 2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 has broken Sleep on my older laptop: HP EliteBook Folio 1020 G1 running windows 2004. Power button is set to Sleep. Pressing the power button and the laptop enters Sleep. Press it again to wake up. If I leave my laptop the screen is supposed to turn off. What happens is it restarts. I'm not sure if it's...
  7. Latest security update has broken my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest security update has broken my laptop: I had a notification that a security update had to be applied to Windows 10 so I did so and my usb keyboard and mouse no longer work. The updates were KB4532693 and security update KB4538674. I uninstalled the first update which didn't change anything but was then unable to...
  8. My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update

My laptop has been broken by latest windows 10 update: My laptop did the latest update last week and while typing an essay for Uni crashed and stopped working. My laptop has been wiped of everything ? My question is can i claim off microsoft as i know need a new laptop?...
  9. New update has my laptop all day

New update has my laptop all day: My computer has been hijacked all day with this update andi have stuff to do....HELP!!! Can i make it stop or finish? Itsbeen 91% finished for hours https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-update-has-my-laptop-all-day/79c09cd0-7100-4eec-af2d-141b5a0199d4
  10. Update KB4343909 has broken my internet

Update KB4343909 has broken my internet: Hello everyone, Ever since installing KB4343909 I have not been able to get on the internet. Firefox and Chrome do not work at all. Edge, oddly enough, displays my news feed and I am able to click on the news articles and read them. So my internet only works on Edge and only...