Windows 10: The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

Discus and support The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rod at Work, Feb 14, 2020.

1. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've been testing various web apps I'm responsible for.

One of them does cause a problem. The former developer wrote it to generate an Excel spreadsheet as a report. It downloads the .xls file and then would display it in IE. I've tried it with the new MS Edge, but it generates the following error:

Temp 1.xls

Couldn't download - Network issue

My guess is this is intentional, but I'm not sure. Why am I not able to download the generated .xls file? It is on our server, behind our firewall.

:)

Rod at Work, Feb 14, 2020

2. Simple spreadsheet will not allow editing

I just bought an HTC Win 8 phone mainly for the built in Office suite. I emailed an Excel spreadsheet to the phone and like many others it will not allow editing. This spreadsheet has no formulas, it is a 3 column list of books, authors and dates.
    Has anyone found a workaround?

TeresaRutledge, Feb 14, 2020
  3. john 374 Win User
    Working with Excel spreadsheets in OneNote Windows 10

Windows 8 and OneNote 2016 have some good features when working with Excel Spreadsheets. e.g. In OneNote 2016 there is a Microsoft Excel button that allows new or existing Excel spreadsheets to be opened and edited. Once opened there is an edit button in
    upper left corner of the spreadsheet. When clicked. Excel opens and one can add data and edit the spreadsheet. Then when you quit Excel the new changes to the spreadsheet appear in the OneNote version of the spreadsheet. Very neat!

I don't find any way to edit spreadsheets in OneNote for Windows 10. In fact I find no good way to work well with Excel and OneNote. I find I can open a Excel spread sheet in OneNote.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help

Dr. John Shaughnessy PhD

john 374, Feb 14, 2020
  4. PatSzweda Win User

The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

PRINTING LABEL IN WORD FROM AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET

We are trying to print labels in word from a spreadsheet in Excel. We have tried copying the spreadsheet to a recipient list but can not get it to work. Is there a way to import the spreadsheet and not retype the information?

PatSzweda, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

1. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet - Similar Threads - Edge doesn't allow

2. Store not allowing me to download apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store not allowing me to download apps and games: I am trying to download Minecraft Windows 10 on my lenovo t440p. When I go try to download an app or game the install button is blue but when I go and try to download it I click the install button it does not do anything. I saw that my laptop is not in my "trusted devices"...
  3. New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    New user account doesn't allow me to use some of my programs: I just changed my local Windows account from standard to administrator. Now some of my programs are no longer usable. When I click on their EXE file nothing happens. Even when I right-click and choose Run as Administrator and sign in as Master User, nothing happens. Other...
  4. New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC setup, Doesn't allow me to save files without Internet!: Bought a brand new Dell laptop and powered it up. It asked me a question at the beginning when setting up for the first time "Do you want to use OneDrive to back up your files? ..." I thought it was cool and said "Yes". Everything was fine. Only later I discovered that...
  5. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  6. Can't open some excel spreadsheets

Can't open some excel spreadsheets: I have Windows 10 and I recently installed Publisher onto my computer now I cannot open some spreadsheets. I don't get any type of error message they just won't open....
  7. Excel spreadsheets open blank.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheets open blank.: Recently my Excel programs began to open with a blank Excel screen. I can go to Open in the blank sheet and open the spreadsheet from there. This happening on my Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop. This has been working fine for years. My PC is opening my Excel spreadsheets...
  8. Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast doesn't allow me to use WiFi: Recently I bought a TCL 49s405 TV. I would like to take advantage of the possibility to use it as a second monitor (I know there will be lag, it will just be to watch certain images, charts...). In the beginning, I couldn't cast anything to my TV at all; but after updating...
  9. BSOD Usually happens when using Excel spreadsheet.

BSOD Usually happens when using Excel spreadsheet.: Hello, I've been experiencing BSOD over the past month. Just ignored as it was random but i've now realised that it's usually happening when I'm using Excel. I have attached the dump files following the instructions on the forum. I've tried to use the debugging tool...
  10. Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheet prints differently than what is on screen.: I keep my checkbook on an Excel spreadsheet. I have a balance column that I use formulas =sum(A1:A6) etc to keep a running balance. Everything looks fine on the spreadsheet. But when I ask for a print preview those cells it show the formula rather than the amounts. What...