Windows 10: The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

Discus and support The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rod at Work, Feb 14, 2020.

1. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

Where I work we're transitioning away from having Internet Explorer 11 as our default browser, to Microsoft's new Chromium based Edge browser. So, I've been testing various web apps I'm responsible for.

One of them does cause a problem. The former developer wrote it to generate an Excel spreadsheet as a report. It downloads the .xls file and then would display it in IE. I've tried it with the new MS Edge, but it generates the following error:

Temp 1.xls

Couldn't download - Network issue

My guess is this is intentional, but I'm not sure. Why am I not able to download the generated .xls file? It is on our server, behind our firewall.

:)

Rod at Work, Feb 14, 2020

2. Simple spreadsheet will not allow editing

I just bought an HTC Win 8 phone mainly for the built in Office suite. I emailed an Excel spreadsheet to the phone and like many others it will not allow editing. This spreadsheet has no formulas, it is a 3 column list of books, authors and dates.
    Has anyone found a workaround?

TeresaRutledge, Feb 14, 2020
  3. john 374 Win User
    Working with Excel spreadsheets in OneNote Windows 10

Windows 8 and OneNote 2016 have some good features when working with Excel Spreadsheets. e.g. In OneNote 2016 there is a Microsoft Excel button that allows new or existing Excel spreadsheets to be opened and edited. Once opened there is an edit button in
    upper left corner of the spreadsheet. When clicked. Excel opens and one can add data and edit the spreadsheet. Then when you quit Excel the new changes to the spreadsheet appear in the OneNote version of the spreadsheet. Very neat!

I don't find any way to edit spreadsheets in OneNote for Windows 10. In fact I find no good way to work well with Excel and OneNote. I find I can open a Excel spread sheet in OneNote.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help

Dr. John Shaughnessy PhD

john 374, Feb 14, 2020
  4. PatSzweda Win User

The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

PRINTING LABEL IN WORD FROM AN EXCEL SPREADSHEET

We are trying to print labels in word from a spreadsheet in Excel. We have tried copying the spreadsheet to a recipient list but can not get it to work. Is there a way to import the spreadsheet and not retype the information?

PatSzweda, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet

1. The new Edge doesn't allow me to download an Excel spreadsheet - Similar Threads - Edge doesn't allow

2. Any Excel Spreadsheet experts out there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Excel Spreadsheet experts out there?: I am trying to learn spreadsheet creations using built-in shortcuts. I have a question about the AutoSum feature. I know how to use it for rows and columns calculations, however, I am wondering if AutoSum can calculate separate cells for me. For example, If I only wanted to...
  3. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  4. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  5. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  6. Excel spreadsheet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel spreadsheet: I can no longer copy my credit card statement into an Excel worksheet so that each charged item appears in a single horizontal cell like I used to be able to do. Instead, the entire list of charges appears in a single vertical row. What can I do?...
  7. Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cell formulas in excel spreadsheets: Can someone help me to I presume clear formatting in cells. I'm entering a column of numbers in this case planting space guides for vegetables and every once in awhile a random cell will revert to a date. For example, if you look down the column you see 15-30, 40-50, Oct-15...
  8. doesn't allow me to download sea of thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    doesn't allow me to download sea of thieves: i currently have a big problem with downloading sea of thieves, i cannot donwload the game. it says i can download it, but when i click the download button it goes into pending for 1 sec and suddenly changes to completed. i cannot find any trace of the game on neither of my...
  9. Excel Spreadsheet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel Spreadsheet: A simple xlsm spreadsheet suddenly stopped loading. Clicking on the icon to load, and alternatively clicking on the file itself, the green EXCEL screen shows, It asks to update links, answer as previously is Dont update, then the screen remains blank and nothing happens....
  10. Excel spreadsheets open blank.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel spreadsheets open blank.: Recently my Excel programs began to open with a blank Excel screen. I can go to Open in the blank sheet and open the spreadsheet from there. This happening on my Dell Latitude E5500 Laptop. This has been working fine for years. My PC is opening my Excel spreadsheets...