Windows 10: The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

Discus and support The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

Source: Official Gmail Blog: The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

:)

Brink, Mar 3, 2015

2. People app doesn't show contact images after sync

I have a google account which has a lot of my contacts. I bought a windows phone some time back and my contacts started storing on outlook. I thought it might be a good idea to have a single collection of contacts instead of bits and pieces stored separately.
    I synchronized my outlook contacts with my google contacts today. It did bring all the contacts together, spotted duplicates and linked them up. But after this sync, my phone doesn't show most of the contact images anymore. it doesn't show on outlook either.
    Any ideas on how to bring the contact images also along with the other data?

Joel.myworld, Mar 3, 2015
  3. How does contact sync work with multiple accounts?

The contacts you sync from your Windows Live account and those you sync from your Google account remain separate records and the data in your Google contacts does not get changed by or incorporated into your Windows Live contacts. This can result in duplicate
    contacts on the phone (if you have a contact stored in both your Windows Live and Google contacts), but duplicate contacts can be linked together on the phone so they appear to be one record. Even when they are linked together the data from each source remains
    separate.

If the contact record in Windows Live and the contact record in Google include the same email address, the phone will attempt to automatically link them together when they are synced to the phone. If not, you can manually link duplicate contacts together by
    opening up one of the records and tapping the link icon on the bottom of the screen (it is the 2nd icon that looks like chain links).

When you create a new contact on the phone you will see an "Account" field that you can tap and choose where the account where you want the contact to be synced.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 3, 2015
  4. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

Well, this would be great if it works ... managing contacts has always been difficult when you have hundreds of contacts. People move, people change jobs, people change eMail addresses.

I like that this consolidates two or more eMail addresses into one contact - what else could it do?

I don't like that it changed Keri's mobile phone# to James mobile phone# (See merged contact images) though and then relabeled them both as home phone#'s *Tongue
    The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together [​IMG]

Who knows, maybe they got married and got rid of their cell phones *Wink

Slartybart, Mar 3, 2015
  5. lol I still prefer gmail *Roflmao2

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

1. The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together - Similar Threads - Google Contacts Bringing

2. KB5026446 for Windows 11 brings new features, but not for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    KB5026446 for Windows 11 brings new features, but not for everyone: Microsoft has released an update for its Windows 11 operating system, KB5026446, a few hours ago. The preview update includes new features, courtesy of the third Moments update, and lots of fixes. Most new features appear to be locked, even after installation of the preview...
  3. How can I bring my contacts from google contacts to windows 10 people

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I bring my contacts from google contacts to windows 10 people: my windows 10 people app has signed in with same gmail adress in which I upload contacts but I cant see my contacts there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-bring-my-contacts-from-google-contacts/a8661413-e1c1-4a19-9353-c233c33e6033
  4. New Trash feature in Google Contacts

in Windows 10 News
    New Trash feature in Google Contacts: Quick launch summary We’re adding Trash to Google Contacts. Now, when you delete a contact, it will go into Trash, where it will stay for 30 days before being permanently deleted. In that time, you can view, restore, or permanently delete the contact. Trash will...
  5. Google Contact problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Contact problem: Attempting to add a new address in Google Contacts. Repeated failure notice "having trouble to register this person" (or similar) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-contact-problem/3303f82e-9640-458a-a1eb-9e105963d285"
  6. Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

in Windows 10 News
    Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together: Many of you store your photos and videos on both Google Drive and Google Photos, which keeps them safe and easy to access. We’ve heard feedback that the connection between these services is confusing, so next month, we’re making some changes to simplify the experience across...
  7. Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft bringing PC and Xbox gaming closer together: Remember the mysterious test that Microsoft wanted Windows 10 Insider Build testers to run recently without revealing anything about it? Microsoft wanted users to report any issues found during the installation and launch of State of Decay, but did not reveal any information...
  8. Google: Building a safer web, for everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Google: Building a safer web, for everyone: Today is Safer Internet Day, a moment for technology companies, nonprofit organizations, security firms, and people around the world to focus on online safety, together. To mark the occasion, we’re rolling out new tools, and some useful reminders, to help protect you from...
  9. Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing 3D to everyone through open standards: Earlier this week, at the Microsoft Windows 10 Event, we shared our vision (read more about it from Terry Myerson and Megan Saunders) around 3D for everyone in New York. As part of achieving that vision we are delighted to share that Microsoft is joining the 3D Formats...
  10. Bringing Office to everyone

in Windows 10 News
    Bringing Office to everyone: Today is the next step in bringing Office to everyone and on every device with the start of Office for Android tablet preview, new Office for iPhone apps, updated Office for iPad apps and more. Check out the Official Microsoft Blog for details on how we’re continuing to...