The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

Discus and support The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; From email to Hangouts to a good ol' fashioned phone call, you've got a lot of options to get in touch with someone. But keeping all those options... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Source: Official Gmail Blog: The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together

:)

Brink, Mar 3, 2015
  2. Joel.myworld Win User

People app doesn't show contact images after sync

I have a google account which has a lot of my contacts. I bought a windows phone some time back and my contacts started storing on outlook. I thought it might be a good idea to have a single collection of contacts instead of bits and pieces stored separately.
    I synchronized my outlook contacts with my google contacts today. It did bring all the contacts together, spotted duplicates and linked them up. But after this sync, my phone doesn't show most of the contact images anymore. it doesn't show on outlook either.
    Any ideas on how to bring the contact images also along with the other data?

Joel.myworld, Mar 3, 2015
  3. Julie fka profjulie Win User
    How does contact sync work with multiple accounts?

The contacts you sync from your Windows Live account and those you sync from your Google account remain separate records and the data in your Google contacts does not get changed by or incorporated into your Windows Live contacts. This can result in duplicate
    contacts on the phone (if you have a contact stored in both your Windows Live and Google contacts), but duplicate contacts can be linked together on the phone so they appear to be one record. Even when they are linked together the data from each source remains
    separate.

If the contact record in Windows Live and the contact record in Google include the same email address, the phone will attempt to automatically link them together when they are synced to the phone. If not, you can manually link duplicate contacts together by
    opening up one of the records and tapping the link icon on the bottom of the screen (it is the 2nd icon that looks like chain links).

When you create a new contact on the phone you will see an "Account" field that you can tap and choose where the account where you want the contact to be synced.

Julie fka profjulie, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Slartybart Win User

Well, this would be great if it works ... managing contacts has always been difficult when you have hundreds of contacts. People move, people change jobs, people change eMail addresses.

I like that this consolidates two or more eMail addresses into one contact - what else could it do?

I don't like that it changed Keri's mobile phone# to James mobile phone# (See merged contact images) though and then relabeled them both as home phone#'s *Tongue
    [​IMG]

Who knows, maybe they got married and got rid of their cell phones *Wink

Slartybart, Mar 4, 2015
  5. ThrashZone Win User
    lol I still prefer gmail *Roflmao2

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together - Similar Threads - Google Contacts Bringing

1. Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience

in Windows 10 News
    Greater transparency and control over your Google ad experience: Over the years, you’ve told us that transparency and control over your data and ad experience are important. That's why we've built products and tools to help you manage that experience. Back in 2009, we launched Ad Settings, providing you with a single place for your ad...
  2. Report suggests Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Report suggests Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10: Google has always ignored Microsoft’s app store, and as well the Windows 10 operating system, despite the fact that the platform is being used on more than 700 million active devices. But if a new report is believed to be true, Google Pixelbook might soon run Windows 10...
  3. Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Improving extension transparency for users: We strive to ensure choice and transparency for all Chrome users as they browse the web. Part of this choice is the ability to use the hundreds of thousands of extensions available in the Chrome Web Store to customize the browsing experience in useful and...
  4. Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    Spotting and squashing spam on Google Search: When you search with Google, our goal is to provide you with results from relevant and authoritative sources. We work hard to ensure that search spam doesn’t get in the way of you finding the information you’re looking for. You can get a sense of how search could be ruined...
  5. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Calendar won't load in Chrome: Hello. Google Calendar won't load in Chrome on either of my PCs, not even in incognito mode. I just get the message "Loading...". However it will load in Edge. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? 111713
  6. Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10: I am new to Windows and have a very basic question. I am wanting to sync my Google contacts with People, but no matter what I've tried I've had no luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly, I'm not getting any error messages. They just won't sync. Any suggestions?...
  7. People app not syncing google contacts

in Windows 10 News
    People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...
The new Google Contacts: Bringing everyone together solved