Windows 10: The new Google Search layout just showed up on my Windows 10 laptop.

Discus and support The new Google Search layout just showed up on my Windows 10 laptop. in Cortana to solve the problem; Is there any way to revert to the old Google search layout. The new one is so awful. I looked on the google forums but they talk about androids and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by paulaE., Jan 17, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

The new Google Search layout just showed up on my Windows 10 laptop.

Is there any way to revert to the old Google search layout. The new one is so awful.

I looked on the google forums but they talk about androids and extensions to chrome. It's not clear to me if that would work with Windows 10.

Thanks

:)

paulaE., Jan 17, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. The new Google Search layout just showed up on my Windows 10 laptop. - Similar Threads - Google Search layout

2. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?: Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the search. This is only occurring to downloaded apps and not saved files.The icons also appear as desktop icons, just not on the...
  3. Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing up in Windows 10 search?: Hello. So I've been using my computer frequently and it has been working fine, but the one time I've used it the icons have disappeared from the search. This is only occurring to downloaded apps and not saved files.The icons also appear as desktop icons, just not on the...
  4. google chrome searches showing as insecure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome searches showing as insecure: I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at...
  5. Three new partitions just showed up....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Three new partitions just showed up....: [img] What are those X Y Z partitions? This is on a Bootcamp windows 10 on a MacBook Air. What should I do to remove them? 175609
  6. Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search

in Windows 10 News
    Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search: Like Microsoft, Google is also actively working on cross-platform UI solutions. Flutter is an open-source UI framework for desktop, mobile, and web. Google’s Flutter-based apps are already available on the web and mobile platforms, and Google is also actively working on...
  7. New Settings layout isn't showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Settings layout isn't showing up.: Windows has updates its settings app layout which looks good, it has some account information and Windows security information but sadly my settings app has that same old look. I'm on Windows 10 v2004. I tried searching over internet but in vain. Help me out, please....
  8. New improvements to layouts in Google Meet

in Windows 10 News
    New improvements to layouts in Google Meet: Quick launch summary We’re making some changes in Meet to ensure you can better see who, and what, you need to see in your meetings. We hope that these improvements help remote meetings feel more like in-person meetings. Tiled view with presentations We...
  9. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  10. Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Search History Suggestions Showing Up On Multiple Devices?: No worries! Appreciate the help. It is a worry, though. I've seen other people via Google with the same/similar issues. Could it even been related to the IP/Internet connection? Using the same Wi-Fi, it might sync results etc. Doubtful. That's only a gateway to the net....