Windows 10: The new Office.com gets first major update

Discus and support The new Office.com gets first major update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Back in April, we started rolling out a new Office 365 home page experience that provided a redesigned environment for commercial, education and home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The new Office.com gets first major update

Source: The new Office.com gets first major update - Office Blogs

Brink, Dec 27, 2016

2. That is good as I use office 24/7 on all my systems and on phone as well

:)

hTconeM9user, Dec 28, 2016
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586

Windows 10 is based on Windows-as-a- service model,where you get major upgrades after every 6 or 7 months.

Windows 10 Versiobn 1511 is the first major update to windows 10 released in November.

What’s New in Windows 10 November Update Build 10586

You should download it to get more stability on your system and new features.

If there is an issue in Installation,reply back would be happy to assist.

The next major update to windows is slated for release in July this year,called Anniversary update to windows 10

Sumit Dhiman2, Dec 28, 2016
  4. TrevAW Win User

Windows 10 logon email changed - password now fails - unable to logon

Daughter's new laptop. She set it up with her @gmail.com account for logon. All was fine for a few days and then the logon screen changed from showing her @gmail.com account under the user name to some @office.com account and the password doesn't work.
    We are totally unable to logon to the laptop.

We have no knowledge of this @office.com account. Our daughter has never set up such an account and we have no idea of what the password may be. We assume that the "office" bit indicates that this is something to do with MSOffice and thereby Microsoft,
    but Office isn't even installed on the laptop yet. There is no other user set up to logon to the laptop (I hadn't had the opportunity to set up a helicopter dad account).

11 days after getting her big, expensive birthday present and my daughter only got to play with it for the first 4 days. Gutted!

TrevAW, Dec 28, 2016
Thema:

1. The new Office.com gets first major update - Similar Threads - Office com gets

2. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  3. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will windows 10 get further Major Updates: I wonder will windows 10 get any further Major Updates like windows 10 20h1 update because Microsoft already released Windows 11 and announced windows 10's expires in 2025 but before that day will windows 10 get any Major Update after 21h2 update...
  4. Will windows 10 get further Major Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The first major Windows 11 Update may be released in Summer 2022

in Windows 10 News
    The first major Windows 11 Update may be released in Summer 2022: When Microsoft released Windows 11 in late 2021, it revealed plans to release one feature update per year for the operating system and increase the support lifecycle of each version. [ATTACH] Previously, the company released two feature updates per year for Windows 10, even...
  6. COM Surrogate popup since last Office update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COM Surrogate popup since last Office update.: Since my last Office 365 update (and the new icons for outlook, word, etc) I am getting a persistent popup asking for my credentials. I can close it and it disappears for a while even with no other apps running. Always comes up after resume or restart. Who knows what's up?...
  7. Major update

in Cortana
    Major update: Has Microsoft deserted cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/major-update/1adf607f-5c1f-4834-bcad-7f6986a25bd8"
  8. New Updates for Office 2007???

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New Updates for Office 2007???: Well Windows update just told me I have new updates for office 7 and are ready to be installed. I don't have office 2007 on this computer, or, my 2nd computer. I do have Office 2010 on the 2nd computer, on my network. Anyone know why windows updates want to install updates...
  9. I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...: I tried to update to the First Windows 10 Major Update but...[MEDIA] 29836
  10. First Major Update for Windows 10 Available

in Windows 10 News
    First Major Update for Windows 10 Available: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Today, we reach our next milestone as the first major update to Windows 10 is now available* for PCs and tablets. With this update, there are improvements in all aspects of the platform...