Windows 10: The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Discus and support The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ... a cheap HTPC. With it's HDMI (1080p) video port, HTPC is indeed the most practical use. And if it's running Windows, it will be no sweat to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

With it's HDMI (1080p) video port, HTPC is indeed the most practical use. And if it's running Windows, it will be no sweat to connect it to a central NAS. That makes it easy peasy to plug into your 1080p TV. *Thumbs

alphanumeric, Feb 2, 2015

2. Hmm. I can think of a few plausible uses for it. But a proper system would probably work better.

FuturDreamz, Feb 2, 2015
  3. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

One neat feature of the Pi is you run your OS from an SD card. Swap cards and you swap OS's and swap uses.

4. How many versions of Windows 10 is that now?
    PC
    Xbox
    Hololense
    Mobile
    Industry
    "Athens"
    NET Yada Yada

FuturDreamz, Feb 2, 2015
  5. badrobot Win User
    I don't think it matters. It's like clothes. You have clothes for every occassion. In this case, different OSes for different boards with specific purposes. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 2, 2015
  6. My friend bought a CuBox to play around with.
    You are supposed to be able to use it to play 1080p video, but it doesn't have to power necessary to run a GUI or cope with 1080p.

I wonder if this new Raspberry Pi can actually do it?

lehnerus2000, Feb 2, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

yes it can. You can use any phone charger or USB portable charger to run an RPi. The new RPi can also now run an external USB hard drive.

badrobot, Feb 2, 2015
  8. The power pack I'm using now is rated at 2 A. I bought it at Adafruit. It was made with the Pi in mind. You can run into issues if your charger/power pack is only good for the normal 500 ma a USB port puts out. You need power to run any USB dongle you have plugged into the Pi's USB ports, plus what the Pi needs. WIFI dongles can be a little power hungry. The touch screen I have coming is USB powered also. It can be powered through another source though, which I am going to do.

9. badrobot Win User
    I don't think there's still a power pack or USB charger under 1A these days anyway. You'll find mostly 2A. Good points.

badrobot, Feb 2, 2015
  10. Wynona Win User
    Alpha, I read somewhere that Windows RT is being retired? phased out? I just can't remember where I saw that.

Wynona, Feb 3, 2015
  11. labeeman Win User
    Alpha, I read somewhere that Windows RT is being retired? phased out? I just can't remember where I saw that. Here You go.
    Windows RT Becomes the New Vista: Microsoft Kills Last Nokia Tablet Running It

labeeman, Feb 3, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User

Thank you, Bee Man! At least now I know I didn't lie. *Smile

Wynona, Feb 3, 2015
  13. badrobot Win User
    Alpha, I read somewhere that Windows RT is being retired? phased out? I just can't remember where I saw that.

No surprise there. RT can't do much. It's like buying an android tablet. You only get to use it with apps. I would rather get an android. *Smile But I stopped using Android now. I only use my old HTC One X android phone to control my Raspbberry Pi. *Smile

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support [​IMG]

badrobot, Feb 3, 2015
  14. The Pi has an ARM processor so you won't be able to use x86 desktop programs. It will be like Windows RT or Windows Phone. It won't be your full blown Windows 10. Microsoft may retire the "Windows RT" name but I think the concept is going to live on, on other devices.

alphanumeric, Feb 3, 2015
Thema:

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support - Similar Threads - Raspberry support

2. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  3. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  4. Windows on Raspberry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  5. Windows on Raspberry

Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  6. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  7. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  8. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4

Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4: The processor of the RaspBerry Pi 4 makes use of a RISC architecture, so I would expect DOS 6.22 to run when I'm able to get it to load, but how do I get the RapBerry Pi 4 to boot it if it only accepts Linux kernels? Do you have any experience with this?I want to use QBasic...
  10. Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3: This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is...