Windows 10: The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Discus and support The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This is the case I have my B+ in, Raspberry Pi MODEL B+ Enclosure (Black). I haven't ordered my Pi 2B yet. It's out of stock already where I usually by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

This is the case I have my B+ in, Raspberry Pi MODEL B+ Enclosure (Black). I haven't ordered my Pi 2B yet. It's out of stock already where I usually by my Pi stuff. I don't feel like setting up another account somewhere else just to get one. Not yet anyway.

alphanumeric, Feb 11, 2015
  2. badrobot Win User

I ordered my Pi2 from the same site I ordered my first one: canada.newark.com
    The case is from ebay.

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  3. Ah, Element 14, I was just looking around there when you posted that. Nice case, I actually like it better than the one I have now. Does it have the slot for the GPIO cable? I need that. I also have the camera module in mine, It's external at the moment but I can mount it in the case if I want. It has the peep hole and the slot for the camera's ribbon cable. I've bought a lot of stuff from Adafruit lately. They had some in stock but I waited too long to place my order. I'm in no big hurry to order a 2 B at the moment. That might all change if Microsoft releases Windows 10 for it though. I have my B+ to play with for now.

EDIT: Looks like its out of stock there too? My B+ came in an Element 14 box so my guess is that's where Adafruit gets its stock.

4. badrobot Win User

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

There were 2 units available last night when I was placing my order. I got order confirmation back but not sure if I was able to get one from the last 2. Shipping cost is a bummer. It was only $8 when I got my first pi from them. I paid $20 for this pi2.

No slot for the GPIO but you can lift the cover.

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  5. It could be a long wait for it to arrive, depending on where you live. I ordered a touch screen for my Pi from Adafruit and it's been almost 3 weeks since it was shipped. All these snow storms are slowing down ground shipments. I usually get my stuff in a 7, to 10 days max.

6. badrobot Win User
    For $20 shipping, I hope it's going to be flying to my address and not being dragged on the road... *Smile

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  7. My touch screen finally arrived, sort of. It came while I was out walking my dog so now I have to go pick it up at Canada Post tomorrow. The nobody was home delivery notice was in my mail box when I got back home. Yeah for 20 bucks it must be quarantined so many business days. I would think anyway. I always go for the cheapest shipping offered. I don't mind waiting a week or so for it to arrive. In the summer its usually less than a week for delivery.

8. caperjack Win User

I just might get into this one day ,I like the clear case myself .for some silly reason

caperjack, Feb 11, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    I thought about the clear case too. I saw one with a mini fan and it's so cool. But with all the tinkering going on it will just look smudgy and frosted with finger prints.

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    But, but, but . . . I have Microsoft Office for Android tablets on my RCA tablet, which has ARM processor, KitKat OS (might be a show stopper for Pi)1 GB RAM, Dalvik runtime with a 10.1" display.

And I'll bet you can use an apk to put KitKat (Android 4.4) onto the Pi. *Smile

Granted, this version of Office has only Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but those are what most folks use anyway.

I'd also hazard a guess that if Microsoft can do it, so can others. That version of office is not the x86 version. More like the office RT they coded to run on the Surface RT. That's my understanding anyway. There was a plan to port Android 4 to the Pi but it fizzled out. The old ARM processor used was the road block. The new one on the Pi 2 B makes it easier to run Android. I wanted Android so I could run Netflix. I should be able to do that in Windows 10 with the Netflix App so I won't likely bother with Android. Not unless the new port of Android shows up first. If that happens and I'll have a look see. have you tried Showbox on android ,better tv and movies than Netflix

caperjack, Feb 11, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    Yey!

What project do you have in mind with that one?

badrobot, Feb 11, 2015
  12. But, but, but . . . I have Microsoft Office for Android tablets on my RCA tablet, which has ARM processor, KitKat OS (might be a show stopper for Pi)1 GB RAM, Dalvik runtime with a 10.1" display.

And I'll bet you can use an apk to put KitKat (Android 4.4) onto the Pi. *Smile

Granted, this version of Office has only Word, Excel and PowerPoint, but those are what most folks use anyway.

I'd also hazard a guess that if Microsoft can do it, so can others. That version of office is not the x86 version. More like the office RT they coded to run on the Surface RT. That's my understanding anyway. There was a plan to port Android 4 to the Pi but it fizzled out. The old ARM processor used was the road block. The new one on the Pi 2 B makes it easier to run Android. I wanted Android so I could run Netflix. I should be able to do that in Windows 10 with the Netflix App so I won't likely bother with Android. Not unless the new port of Android shows up first. If that happens and I'll have a look see. have you tried Showbox on android ,better tv and movies than Netflix I'm not running Android on anything at the moment. I had wanted to run it on my Pi but the project to port it to the Pi kind of fizzled out. That's all. If Android would run on the Pi I would run Netflix as I'm already paying for it. If Windows 10 will run on the new Pi I won't even bother with android at all.

13. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Yey!

What project do you have in mind with that one? Nothing firm lined up just yet. What I hope to be able to do is take my Pi out on my deck to play with. This touch screen is only 5 in. HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Resistive Touchscreen so its fairly portable and its USB powered. That way I can set my laptop up next to it to follow the tutorials etc on my laptop screen while doing it on the Pi. I have a software defined radio to play with plus a GPS module and a temperature, barometric pressure sensor board to play with. I'll have two pi's then and one will be setup as a media center for my TV in my bedroom. I'm an electronic technician by trade but was forced into early retirement due to back problems and chronic pain issues. The Pi gives me a chance to do some programing and play around with circuit design. I have a gazebo that I setup on my deck in the summer that gives me a nice place outside in the shade to relax and tinker with stuff. The frame easily collapses and stores in a duffle bag with the cloth tent like canopy for winter storage. I take my laptop out there a lot in the summer to just site back and relax. I'll crack open a beer or two and cruise the forums.

14. alphanumeric, Feb 11, 2015
  15. caperjack Win User
    Yey!

What project do you have in mind with that one? Nothing firm lined up just yet. What I hope to be able to do is take my Pi out on my deck to play with. This touch screen is only 5 in. HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Resistive Touchscreen so its fairly portable and its USB powered. That way I can set my laptop up next to it to follow the tutorials etc on my laptop screen while doing it on the Pi. I have a software defined radio to play with plus a GPS module and a temperature, barometric pressure sensor board to play with. I'll have two pi's then and one will be setup as a media center for my TV in my bedroom. I'm an electronic technician by trade but was forced into early retirement due to back problems and chronic pain issues. The Pi gives me a chance to do some programing and play around with circuit design. I have a gazebo that I setup on my deck in the summer that gives me a nice place outside in the shade to relax and tinker with stuff. The frame easily collapses and stores in a duffle bag with the cloth tent like canopy for winter storage. I take my laptop out there a lot in the summer to just site back and relax. I'll crack open a beer or two and cruise the forums. isn't life grand on the Cape *Party

caperjack, Feb 11, 2015
Thema:

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support - Similar Threads - Raspberry support

2. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  3. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  4. Windows on Raspberry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  5. Windows on Raspberry

Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  6. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  7. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  8. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4

Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4: The processor of the RaspBerry Pi 4 makes use of a RISC architecture, so I would expect DOS 6.22 to run when I'm able to get it to load, but how do I get the RapBerry Pi 4 to boot it if it only accepts Linux kernels? Do you have any experience with this?I want to use QBasic...
  10. Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3: This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is...