Windows 10: The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Discus and support The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; My touch screen finally arrived, sort of. It came while I was out walking my dog so now I have to go pick it up at Canada Post tomorrow. The nobody was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Yey!

What project do you have in mind with that one? Nothing firm lined up just yet. What I hope to be able to do is take my Pi out on my deck to play with. This touch screen is only 5 in. HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Resistive Touchscreen so its fairly portable and its USB powered. That way I can set my laptop up next to it to follow the tutorials etc on my laptop screen while doing it on the Pi. I have a software defined radio to play with plus a GPS module and a temperature, barometric pressure sensor board to play with. I'll have two pi's then and one will be setup as a media center for my TV in my bedroom. I'm an electronic technician by trade but was forced into early retirement due to back problems and chronic pain issues. The Pi gives me a chance to do some programing and play around with circuit design. I have a gazebo that I setup on my deck in the summer that gives me a nice place outside in the shade to relax and tinker with stuff. The frame easily collapses and stores in a duffle bag with the cloth tent like canopy for winter storage. I take my laptop out there a lot in the summer to just site back and relax. I'll crack open a beer or two and cruise the forums. isn't life grand on the Cape *Party I'll PM you when I get it setup again this summer and you can drop by if you want. And maybe crack open a cold one.. *Thumbs

alphanumeric, Feb 12, 2015
  2. caperjack Win User

Yey!

What project do you have in mind with that one? Nothing firm lined up just yet. What I hope to be able to do is take my Pi out on my deck to play with. This touch screen is only 5 in. HDMI 5" 800x480 Display Backpack - With Resistive Touchscreen so its fairly portable and its USB powered. That way I can set my laptop up next to it to follow the tutorials etc on my laptop screen while doing it on the Pi. I have a software defined radio to play with plus a GPS module and a temperature, barometric pressure sensor board to play with. I'll have two pi's then and one will be setup as a media center for my TV in my bedroom. I'm an electronic technician by trade but was forced into early retirement due to back problems and chronic pain issues. The Pi gives me a chance to do some programing and play around with circuit design. I have a gazebo that I setup on my deck in the summer that gives me a nice place outside in the shade to relax and tinker with stuff. The frame easily collapses and stores in a duffle bag with the cloth tent like canopy for winter storage. I take my laptop out there a lot in the summer to just site back and relax. I'll crack open a beer or two and cruise the forums. isn't life grand on the Cape *Party I'll PM you when I get it setup again this summer and you can drop by if you want. And maybe crack open a cold one.. *Thumbs sure ,that would be interesting

caperjack, Feb 12, 2015
  3. Cool. Might be while though, snow tomorrow and then again on Sunday. Lots and lots of it from the sounds of it. *Eek Looks like my snow blower is going to get a workout over the weekend. I hate Winter. *Sad

4. caperjack Win User

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

I don't mind winter ,but I work as a Church janitor \maintenance ,and snow removal is my job, been there since 1988,and the snow blower was bought about 3 yrs after I started ,its in bad shape ,as is the Churches finances, so getting a new one is hard ,but maybe soon ,Sundays snow forecast[30-40cm] looks nastier than tomorrows, of course thee is a valentines super tomorrow night

caperjack, Feb 12, 2015
  5. tibbar Win User
    Could you send some of that snow out here to Washington? They closed the ski resorts in February for the first time in 10 years.

tibbar, Feb 12, 2015
  6. I don't mind winter ,but I work as a Church janitor \maintenance ,and snow removal is my job, been there since 1988,and the snow blower was bought about 3 yrs after I started ,its in bad shape ,as is the Churches finances, so getting a new one is hard ,but maybe soon ,Sundays snow forecast[30-40cm] looks nastier than tomorrows, of course thee is a valentines super tomorrow night Shoveling the snow off of my deck is what is going to kill me. I don't like letting it pile up plus the fill pipe for my furnace oil is there. I have to keep a path clear for that so I can get furnace oil. Plus a path so my dog can get to the backyard to do her business. Owe well it is what it is, not much you can do about the weather.

7. Could you send some of that snow out here to Washington? They closed the ski resorts in February for the first time in 10 years. Deal, you pay the shipping though. *chuckle

8. tibbar Win User

Could you send some of that snow out here to Washington? They closed the ski resorts in February for the first time in 10 years. Deal, you pay the shipping though. *chuckle In Canadian or US dollars? *Biggrin

tibbar, Feb 12, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Oh you poor baby. . .*Smile. . .Hell there is over two hundred inches outside my place, and the silly people at the weather place are saying another hundred inches by the end of March. . .ain't Winter just wonderful. Another way to look at is when living at 7600 feet you can always plan on a White Christmas. . .*Biggrin

10. Wynona Win User
    Sympathy headed your way, Alpha. From way, way, way down here in Texas.

Wynona, Feb 12, 2015
  11. We've been lucky. Several storms have gone by just off the coast and past us by, and then dumped on Newfoundland. All depends on where the jet stream is. If I didn't have a bad back I wouldn't mind it so much. I'm retired so at least there is no rush for me to get it cleared first thing in the morning. I can do it when I want and take as long as I want. The only one that gets upset is my dog Ginger when she misses her morning walk in the woods. 200 inches, yuk. I'd imagine it's getting hard to find a place to shovel it too.

Getting sort of back on track, I think my next project for my Pi will be this, https://learn.adafruit.com/freq-show...tl-sdr-scanner. I have that SDR dongle already, I've been playing with it on my laptop in Windows. My touchscreen is similar to what's shown only a little bigger. It will give me something to do this weekend. I already know the local radio frequencies for police fire. air, etc. I've had a police scanner for years. That dongle will do shortwave too, which is another hoppy of mine. I like listening to the overseas air traffic that broadcasts on HF. I'm not sure how much longer they will continue doing that or why they do it that way in this day and age but it's still fun to listen too. Anyway, snow hasn't started yet so I think I am going to take my dog for a walk before it gets ugly. talk to you all when I get back.

12. badrobot Win User
    Have fun!

I don't see myself getting one of those screens unless maybe I need it for a certain project.
    I like my pi headless. I program it remotely via SSH using either Putty, Chrome SSH extension or thru an SSH client on my android and Windows Phone.
    I may use the pi2 a lot as web browser since it has improved speed and RAM. I'll just connect it to any of my screens or use VNC for wireless display. I got a spare Microsoft wireless keyboard with touchpad. *Smile
    I am also planning to program it as a mobile media HD player so that my toddler can use the hotel TV whenever we are out to watch her favorite cartoons instead of hogging my Windows tablet or my wife's ipad. *Smile I will use the other Samsung 240GB SSD I have as media storage or the 128GB USB flash drive whichever is not in use.

badrobot, Feb 12, 2015
  13. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Yeah, that screen wasn't cheap but I'm happy with it. I've got it up and running. I had to edit the config.txt file to get the 800 x 480 resolution. I had some power issues too and had to unplug my WIFI dongle. Fixed that with another config.txt file edit. I was going upload some screen shots but the forum software isn't cooperating. It may be an issue on my end, I'm not sure what's going on.

14. badrobot Win User
    Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 12, 2015
  15. Now you have more reason to get the Pi2. Power isn't a problem anymore with Pi2 as long as you supply the right Amp. *Smile How so, I have a 2 A power pack hooked up now?

Thema:

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support - Similar Threads - Raspberry support

2. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  3. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  4. Windows on Raspberry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  5. Windows on Raspberry

Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  6. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  7. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  8. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4

Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4: The processor of the RaspBerry Pi 4 makes use of a RISC architecture, so I would expect DOS 6.22 to run when I'm able to get it to load, but how do I get the RapBerry Pi 4 to boot it if it only accepts Linux kernels? Do you have any experience with this?I want to use QBasic...
  10. Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3: This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is...