Windows 10: The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Discus and support The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Just ordered my Pi 2 from Cana Kit. *Biggrin Nice! Seems like you have a better chance of getting your unit earlier than mine.. Depends on where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Feb 1, 2015.

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

Nice!
    Seems like you have a better chance of getting your unit earlier than mine.. Depends on where they are actually located. Having a Canadian web site doesn't always mean the company is in Canada. This company also ships to the US. It will be a while, I went for the cheapest ground shipping. I'll have to go have a look and see if I can see where they are physically located.

EDIT: Looks like they are in Vancouver.

Cana Kit Corporation
    #118 - 2455 Dollarton Highway
    North Vancouver, BC, V7H 0A2
    Canada

Yeah but Cana Kit got them in stock. Element 14 is waiting for stock replenishment. I think I didn't get one of the last 2 units when I placed the order. And Cana Kit is probably getting their units from Element 14, too. *Smile I got my order shipped confirmation e-mail this morning. *Thumbs

alphanumeric, Feb 15, 2015

2. great ,thanks ,i have some more reading to do, i was on that site reading about noobs last night Just a multi installer really. You get a list of operating systems and you pick the one you want to use. I've never used it myself. I just make up my flash cards as I go along. If you've used Linux before you will likely have an easier time than I did finding things.

3. badrobot Win User
    Nice!
    Seems like you have a better chance of getting your unit earlier than mine.. Depends on where they are actually located. Having a Canadian web site doesn't always mean the company is in Canada. This company also ships to the US. It will be a while, I went for the cheapest ground shipping. I'll have to go have a look and see if I can see where they are physically located.

EDIT: Looks like they are in Vancouver.

Cana Kit Corporation
    #118 - 2455 Dollarton Highway
    North Vancouver, BC, V7H 0A2
    Canada
    How much did you pay for shipping from Cana Kit?

badrobot, Feb 15, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

I just ordered the Raspberry Pi 2 - Ultimate Starter Kit [likely more than I need ,but what the heck]from them it was 12.98 shipping and handling . from BC ,to Cape Breton

caperjack, Feb 15, 2015
  5. It was 12.95 shipping for my Basic Starter Kit. Vancouver to Sydney N.S.

EDIT: Now it's wait and see who gets theirs first. *Biggrin

6. OK, Microsoft, we did our part, so where's our new Pi friendly version of Windows 10.? *Nerd

7. badrobot Win User
    I actually cancelled my order from E14. It's not moving.
    But Cana Kit don't have just the Pi board so I got mine from ebay. Coming from HK. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the unit is in stock. Let's see. *Smile

Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay

badrobot, Feb 15, 2015
  8. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

But Cana Kit don't have just the Pi board so I got mine from ebay. Coming from HK. The seller has 100% positive feedback and the unit is in stock. Let's see. *Smile

Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay Let me know if you figure out what the third heat sink is for? I only used one big and one small on my B+.

9. badrobot Win User

Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay Let me know if you figure out what the third heat sink is for? I only used one big and one small on my B+. One each for the quad-core processor and USB/Ethernet chip on top and one for the 1GB RAM at the bottom of the card.

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support [​IMG]

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support [​IMG]

badrobot, Feb 15, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    was looking at accessories and seen this little crazy quadcopter and thought ,What ! fits in you hand ,then I watched the video and my "what " turned to WoW Neat
    Raspberry Pi - Cana Kit

caperjack, Feb 15, 2015
  11. caperjack Win User

Raspberry PI 2 Model B 1GB RAM 900MHz Quad Core ARM Cortex A7 CPU Heatsink Maus | eBay Let me know if you figure out what the third heat sink is for? I only used one big and one small on my B+. so are they just held on by a heatsinc compound

caperjack, Feb 15, 2015
  12. strollin Win User
    I ordered mine from a HK based vendor and received it in 6 days. I'm curious as to how long it will take for you guys in Canada.

strollin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support

1. The new Raspberry Pi 2, now with Windows 10 support - Similar Threads - Raspberry support

2. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  3. Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on ARM installed on Raspberry Pi 4B cannot be upgraded: As the question, when getting Windows Insider Program updates via Windows Update, the download progress is stuck at 1% for a long timeAnd when upgrading via Windows image, Setup.exe only appears as a process in the background of the task manager, and disappears after a few...
  4. Windows on Raspberry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  5. Windows on Raspberry

Windows on Raspberry: I saw on the internet a few days ago how to install Windows on a Raspberry Pi. I'm doing research on the subject, but I'm curious whether Windows on Raspberry Pi is legal or not, because it was custom developed using Windows libraries. If it were possible, it would be...
  6. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  7. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?: I am trying to do a project using Python tkinter for GUI in raspberry pi 4 8GB. I like to access raspberry pi from the Windows platform. For that, I like to use Windows OS on raspberry pi. Any pointers kindly appreciate. Thanks in advance....
  8. Can windows 10 installed on raspberry pi 4 and used for medium level development projects?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4

Installing MS-DOS 6.22 on a RaspBerry Pi 4: The processor of the RaspBerry Pi 4 makes use of a RISC architecture, so I would expect DOS 6.22 to run when I'm able to get it to load, but how do I get the RapBerry Pi 4 to boot it if it only accepts Linux kernels? Do you have any experience with this?I want to use QBasic...
  10. Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3: This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is...