Windows 10: the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:(

Discus and support the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:( in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have followed the instructions in this article . in order to add another voice( (asaf/hebrew) to window 10, that will work with my own language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sigal Silver, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Sigal Silver Win User

the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:(

I have followed the instructions in this article . in order to add another voice( (asaf/hebrew) to window 10, that will work with my own language (hebrew) in NVDA , which is a very popular screen reader software.

this is the article :

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/download-voices-for-immersive-reader-read-mode-and-read-aloud-4c83a8d8-7486-42f7-8e46-2b0fdf753130

after that , the new voice worked well BUT , I can no longer change these settings in NVDA.

http://prntscr.com/krco9g

it is stuck on "Windows OneCore voices", and when I try to change to another option in the select menu , the NVDA software shuts-down.

can you help me to figure out what happens , what in the installation of the new voice caused this?

:)

Sigal Silver, Sep 6, 2018
  2. DadaKrsnasevananda Win User

cannot hear text to speech until "new language pack installed"

I have speech set to read incoming text messages aloud. However, when a message arrives a window pops up saying I can't hear it until a new language pack gets installed. It says I have to go to speech to install it but I find no option for installing
    it there. Any suggestions?

DadaKrsnasevananda, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Adding new languages to the Win10 TTS (Text-to-Speech) engine

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details on this thread, have
    you tried changing the region on your PC and Microsoft Account? It is
    possible that your text-to-speech did not work due to with the certain region/language you have set on your PC and Microsoft account. To change your region on your PC, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Time & language.

• Go to
      Region & language.

• Change the
      Country or region
      that you currently in.

To change the region on your
    Microsoft Account, follow these steps:

• Sign-in to this
      link.

• Click on
      Your info.

• Click on
      Edit your personal info.

• Change the
      City/Region
      that you are in and also the
      Time zone.

After changing the regions, check if text-to-speech is now working.

Keep us updated to assist you further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages

Source: Introducing 6 new text to speech languages Translator

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. the new Text-to-Speech language install messes up my computer:( - Similar Threads - Text Speech language

2. update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...
  3. Unable to install speech when installing a new language

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to install speech when installing a new language: I like to install English (US) as a second language in win10, to get the English text-to-speech capabilities to have epub-files read out loud and such. I did this two weeks ago and it worked fine, but I have reformatted since, and now when I try the language pack it fails...
  4. Speech Recongnition language

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech Recongnition language: Went to turn on speech recognition, it tells me that it can't turn on because of my current display language. It is set at English and always has been. How is that possible?...
  5. Text to speech only works when setting windows language in english

in Windows 10 Support
    Text to speech only works when setting windows language in english: Hi. I have Windows 10 in spanish as it is my native language. But I used text to speed daily in some programs in english with David's voice and all run with no problem. Then one day suddenly the voice changed to Helena, which is in spanish. As you may imagine, reading in...
  6. windows 10 update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...
  7. Text-to-speech?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text-to-speech?: Hello, just installed Win10 Pro 64 on my laptop and was wondering if they built in a Text-to-speech app? Like something you can copy-paste text in? -thanks! 10395
  8. Text to Speech

in Windows 10 Support
    Text to Speech: I want to change from "Microsoft David mobile" to "Microsoft Mark mobile" but I don't know how to save it and it goes back to Microsoft David mobile. 101792
  9. Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Translator adds 6 new text to speech languages: Microsoft Translator adds 6 new languages to the list of text to speech languages, bringing the total number of supported languages to 36. Text to speech audio output allows you to play translated text in its native accent. As mentioned in the Cognitive Services blog, the...
  10. How to type text for text-to-speech

in Windows 10 Support
    How to type text for text-to-speech: In Windows 8 and below you could type any text for the text-to-speech to read, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to let you do that. Is there a way to get this feature back? This is the dialog for those who don't remember: [img] 76644