Windows 10: The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

Discus and support The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When we update new updates where the peripheral devices fails to connect hope so Microsoft will fix this soon and help the community not go wild... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mayur Sisode, Apr 21, 2024.

1. The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

When we update new updates where the peripheral devices fails to connect hope so Microsoft will fix this soon and help the community not go wild

:)

Mayur Sisode, Apr 21, 2024

2. Headphone Connection

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I understand that the headphones are not working when you connect then through the jack on your Windows 10 operating system. I will certainly help you with the query. I would appreciate if you could help us with more information

• Have you checked plugging the headphone to a different jack on the same computer?

• Have you checked if any other sound device work fine when plugged to the problematic jack?

This issue might be occurring due to incompatible drivers or broken jack. There might be a possibility that the headphone is not compatible with windows 10 operating system. Hence I would suggest you to follow the below mentioned
    steps and check if that helps.

Method 1:
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter

The built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix most of the incorrect settings and errors that could cause issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if there is any issue with
    the display adapter. Refer top these steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.
    • Click on Hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the prompts.

Try method 2, if the issue persist

Method 2: If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter do not fix
    the issue then I would suggest you to uninstall the drivers and reboot the computer to get the updated drivers installed for the headphone. Please follow below mentioned steps:

• Open Control Panel
    • Click on Device Manager and select the audio input and output drivers
    • Right click on driver that appears after plugging the headphone and click on uninstall
    • After uninstalling, unplug the headphone and restart the computer
    • Plugging the headphone again and the computer will detect the updates drivers automatically.

Now check if the headphones work on the computer or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Neha.Gupta, Apr 21, 2024
  3. Can no longer connect bluetooth headphones after Windows update

Thanks for providing this link. I have already taken most of these steps. I did remove the headphone device that was in the list and retried, but still would not connect. The same thing happens with the new headphones I just purchased. Bluetooth is definitely
    running as my mouse is bluetooth and it is working fine.

I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter but it could find no problems, I even restarted my laptop and tried again. Still no connection. One of the headphones I have, I have used for a couple years, and for at least a year with this laptop. The ceased to
    work after the last big update. It seems to be connected.

CathyHill8, Apr 21, 2024
  4. The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update

Windows 10 Version 1803

Dell Venue 11 Tablet 64bit

I run mostly Microsoft apps, Office 365. Quicken 2017

There were no changes made to the system, no new apps.

everything ran perfect until the update

after the update the HDMI Video port no longer works.

There is nothing wrong with the cable or the Samsung 65in TV

are no longer recognized by windows, It was still listed in the device manager I tried deleting it but it no longer returns after refresh.

It is still listed under stetting's Bluetooth and other devices.

Updated all Dell drivers, did not help.

Tried to system restore, failed and can't undo that attempt it is stuck.

There is nothing wrong with and of the attached equipment or the computer except that the update Fail's to address the port and detect device.

Poor coding a character must be in error pointing to the mini HDMI port.

NICE WORK MICROSOFT, Someone needs to proof read your code for errors.

Any suggestions ?

Video port dead and external Monitor not detected after Windows April update build 17134.48...

MaharishiDejaVu, Apr 21, 2024
Thema:

The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

1. The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones - Similar Threads - update April fails

2. Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones Connect but no headphones output Device: I have an identical problem to this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headphones-connect-but-no-headphones/6c0af487-5d30-4cd9-a29f-d2de0c13ffa2I am using Windows 11 on my Asus Notebook. I connect my Sony WF-1000XM4 headphones via bluetooth...
  3. The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The new update of April which fails to connect external devices like mouse and headphones: When we update new updates where the peripheral devices fails to connect hope so Microsoft will fix this soon and help the community not go wild...
  4. L2TP Connection attempt failed - April 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    L2TP Connection attempt failed - April 2022: I set up a clients computer before Christmas and configured a L2TP with preshared key VPN which had been working without issues up until a few weeks ago. I can confirm that the following is in place:All ports corrected forwarded.Regedit -...
  5. L2TP Connection attempt failed - April 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    L2TP Connection attempt failed - April 2022: I set up a clients computer before Christmas and configured a L2TP with preshared key VPN which had been working without issues up until a few weeks ago. I can confirm that the following is in place:All ports corrected forwarded.Regedit -...
  6. Connection of external device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection of external device: How to connect external disc Western Digital 2 TB, whic is in the same network, with Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-of-external-device/45f89799-27c3-4fb9-bfd2-81fd8987a525
  7. How Windows does determine which are the 'new items' when you connected an external device...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Windows does determine which are the 'new items' when you connected an external device...: Hello, After having installed Windows 10 to replace my Windows 7, I realized that, during the 1st import attempt, all the photos on my external devices were considered as 'new items'. So, for example, I re-downloaded 9900 photos from my Iphone instead of the 15 new ones...
  8. all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless...: New CyberPower gaming PC, Windows 10- all external devices including monitor, keyboard , mouse and headphones and USB wireless modem all periodically just stop working and lose power, but the computer keeps running. Sometimes they come back on on their own, but I still have...
  9. Windows April Update Failed to Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows April Update Failed to Install: My PC Windows 10 update was already downloaded (100%) in the Windows Update section in Settings. It says "Feature Update.... 1803". Then the installation only reached 4% and it stopped. How is this?...
  10. New Visual - Which I like

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Visual - Which I like: How do I have the new visual that I like become my screen savers? Joseph 55045