Windows 10: The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

Discus and support The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/newecreator [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/newecreator, Nov 6, 2019.

1. The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

/u/newecreator, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Sync Favorites in Edge is not working

Hi Clark,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article on how to sync favorites in Microsoft Edge.

You can sync between devices, but not between IE and Edge.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/sync-favorites-and-reading-list-in-microsoft-edge

Let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help you.

Have a great day.

Arul_D, Nov 6, 2019
  3. edge favorites cluster

i stupidly used microsoft first-level support for this.

i have a windows 10 laptop and two windows 10 tablets. within the past week, i have factory reset both tablets. still, after a few days, neither tablet has the Edge favorites on the laptop synced to them. yes, the "sync favorites and reading list" box is checked in edge on all the devices.

this microsoft chat tech listened to my problem, repeatedly, then opened a remote support session. his first move, before i could stop him, was to open Edge settings on one tablet and click Import Favorites.

i explained to him in capital letters that those weren't edge favorites, they were old IE favorites, which were not the same as edge favorites, because they were IE favorites. not Edge favorites. i showed him the significant differences between the Edge favorites on my laptop and the garbage he had just imported into Edge on my tablet. he tried and failed to clear out the edge favorites on the tablet. while this was happening, i noticed that all the garbage IE favorites he just imported into Edge on tablet #1 had synced to Edge on tablet #2 (but not the laptop, luckily, which confirms that my initial non-syncing problem originates on the laptop).

i used the powershell on the tutorial on this site to reset Edge on both tablets. Edge favorites are empty for a few minutes, but the junk favorites keep coming back.

I backed up the clean DataStore folder folder on my laptop. I put that folder in the right spot on my tablets, and the Edge favorites look good for a few minutes, but eventually the junk IE favorites sync back.

so apparently somewhere up in "The Cloud" there is now this bad list of old IE favorites saved as Edge favorites, which was generated this morning, I can't overwrite, so it keeps syncing down to Edge on my tablets.

thoughts on fixing this, other than just manually editing this bad list to make it look like the list I want from my laptop?

curtmcgirt, Nov 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

dalchina, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

1. The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop... - Similar Threads - version Edge BETA

2. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  3. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Edge DEV !: I am just debating whether or not to download the "New Edge browser with chat GPT" ! I guess eventually it will replace the old one! With this "banner" popping up day after day would you suggest I take the plunge? If so will it replace the existing Edge or will I end up with...
  4. New Edge DEV !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  6. New Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Favorites: I just installed the New EDGE. Can I import all my favorites from somewhere? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-favorites/709dcff8-10b6-43df-9d12-955c1d12b642
  7. You can now sync "Collections" in Edge Dev.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You can now sync "Collections" in Edge Dev.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ds58kd/you_can_now_sync_collections_in_edge_dev/
  8. Edge Dev latest version

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Dev latest version: Help needed how to enable dark theme on latest Edge Dev version. (W 10 x64. latest upgrade) Thanks. 130534
  9. Edge favorites sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge favorites sync: Edge favorites won't sync from pc to Android https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/edge-favorites-sync/e2d40dc9-7ea1-4625-b43d-ea9896d023bc
  10. Favorites and Edge problem

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites and Edge problem: Why is it that in Edge I have to click a favorites folder twice before the dropdown menu shows? Thanks in advance. 86524