Windows 10: The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE

Discus and support The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Searching has always been terrible in Windows but since the last massive update, it turns into a flaw fest. Searching is slower than before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shenmue-is-life, Dec 31, 2020.

1. The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE

Searching has always been terrible in Windows but since the last massive update, it turns into a flaw fest.

• Searching is slower than before.
    • Sometimes loading takes forever
    • The default bar size is so tiny that I can't read my own keyword.
    • Pixel hunting to resize the bar width.
    • No memory. I have to resize the bar for every use.
    • Often getting 0 results.
    • You need to validate twice to get results in the right interface.
    • Microsoft advisors have generally no solution when you share your issue

Windows has made impressive progression over the years, but searching remains mysteriously the biggest flaw of this OS.

submitted by /u/Shenmue-is-life
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shenmue-is-life, Dec 31, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 31, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Dec 31, 2020
  4. The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE

How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE

1. The new window Search Bar is absolutely HORRIBLE - Similar Threads - window Search Bar

2. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the new icon in the Search bar?: Recently, you might observe a new icon next to the search icon in the taskbar next to the "Type here to search" and this icon will change whenever you are connected to the internet. For example, you might see an icon like the following:This is a new behavior of Windows and...
  3. New red bar when searching

in Cortana
    New red bar when searching: Recently whenever I search the following Microsoft Search bar shows up the red bar in the photo. I have no idea what has caused this to appear and when looking at my peers they do not have this bar. I am wondering if there is a way to turn it off or what it is. Thanks in...
  4. Horrible New Featurs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horrible New Featurs: How do I deactivate this soul-sapping waste of time and screen real estate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/horrible-new-featurs/36fce581-0755-4ef2-98f5-60c4e27890b6
  5. New Search Bar??!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Search Bar??!?!?: [IMG] For some reason, I have a new simplified search bar, yet my friends and others online don't seem to have it. Is this a bug or purposeful? How do I change it so it says "Type here to search" again?...
  6. The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!: After being forced to "upgrade" my HP laptop to the NEW Windows 10, the performance went from good to terrible. Nothing I did to delete and reinstall programs helped. As a last resort, I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop thinking I could rebuild my files. WRONG!...
  7. Windows search absolutely refuses to start.

in Cortana
    Windows search absolutely refuses to start.: Hey, I posted another question here yesterday but managed to fix it. Now, I can't solve this one, no matter what fixes I try. Windows search refuses to start and when I try to open the search settings, it just closes my settings window. I don't think it's a virus but I'm...
  8. New Search Bar Circus

in Cortana
    New Search Bar Circus: Is anyone else tired of searching for something on the PC just to have the search open a browser??? If I want to look online, I will open a browser & find it. If I want to look in the PC, I will open the search bar... and probably end up online too! I killed Cortana just...
  9. New Nag Screes are horrible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Nag Screes are horrible: I just installed the lasted update last night. Big mistake, I know... But after the install I'm trying to move thousands of files around my NAS and I have to click through a nag screen each time. I know I can put a single ip hole in the nag screen abyss, but I really want to...
  10. The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows 10 'Apps Store' and its deployment is just horrible .. absolutely horrible.: Thanks for trying to turn my computer into a Phone .. but, it's not working, Microsoft. I would remove the entire Apps Store feature if I could, but you've made that virtually impossible. I want control over every single application or program on my machine and you are...