Windows 10: The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!

Discus and support The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After being forced to "upgrade" my HP laptop to the NEW Windows 10, the performance went from good to terrible. Nothing I did to delete and reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TDalyAZ, Aug 30, 2020.

1. TDalyAZ Win User

The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE!

After being forced to "upgrade" my HP laptop to the NEW Windows 10, the performance went from good to terrible. Nothing I did to delete and reinstall programs helped. As a last resort, I purchased a new Dell Inspiron 15 laptop thinking I could rebuild my files. WRONG!

The new machine came with the new Windows 10 installed and that's where problems started. I DO NOT WANT to save every document to the OneDrive. I DO WANT to save documents on the laptop in a folder called "MY DOCUMENTS"..... so where is it? How can I create such a destination option when I elect "SAVE AS"?????

Come on Microsoft, I know you want everyone and everything to be saved on your OneDrive, but I do not. How do you I correct this ASAP.

Thank you - hopefully......

:)

TDalyAZ, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 30, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

1. The "new" Windows 10 is HORRIBLE! - Similar Threads - HORRIBLE

2. horrible experience with recent windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    horrible experience with recent windows update: Hi I've had a horrible experience with windows update about a week and half ago. I lost access to my task bar including all icons, ability to search and ability to navigate files etc, windows key doesn't work, volume keys don't work and I can only access programs that have...
  3. horrible experience with recent windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    horrible experience with recent windows update: Hi I've had a horrible experience with windows update about a week and half ago. I lost access to my task bar including all icons, ability to search and ability to navigate files etc, windows key doesn't work, volume keys don't work and I can only access programs that have...
  4. I have horrible lag spikes plz help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have horrible lag spikes plz help: I’ve been having this problem for awhile whenever I’m playing certain video games like higher end games my Wi-Fi runs steady for awhile then shoots up to like 300 ping then goes back to normal for a minute then shoots up again back to 300 or even higher and stays like that...
  5. Horrible audio quality on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible audio quality on new pc: I recently got a new pc and upon using the pc i was just testing to see if everything is working and tried to play a couple games of valorant to test performance and noticed that the audio quality is really bad. It almost sounds like hollow, muffled i can’t really describe it...
  6. Horrible audio quality on new pc

Horrible audio quality on new pc: I recently got a new pc and upon using the pc i was just testing to see if everything is working and tried to play a couple games of valorant to test performance and noticed that the audio quality is really bad. It almost sounds like hollow, muffled i can’t really describe it...
  7. Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.: Dell Inspiron 16 PLUS 7630Windows 11 23H2Build Number: 22631.2715Realtek Driver Version: 6.0.9514.1 -- 5/9/2023Audio sounds like garbage though my headphone hack. I have external speakers hooked up to the headphone jack. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is if I do...
  8. Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.

Sound Quality though headphone jack is horrible after reboot.: Dell Inspiron 16 PLUS 7630Windows 11 23H2Build Number: 22631.2715Realtek Driver Version: 6.0.9514.1 -- 5/9/2023Audio sounds like garbage though my headphone hack. I have external speakers hooked up to the headphone jack. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is if I do...
  9. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...
  10. Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management

Windows HEIC Apple photos Horrible File Management: After paying for the HEIF Image Extension, performance is absolutely horrible. You'd think that Microsoft would fix this for Windows 11, but reports are that its equally bad.Disappointing that Microsoft and the Windows product team has made no effort to improve this or fix...