Windows 10: The new Windows 10 update sucks

Discus and support The new Windows 10 update sucks in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the entire computer got an update, the file explorer also got an update. Now it shows the files I downloaded yesterday and past files. It is HALF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ToyBonnie2, Oct 22, 2020.

1. The new Windows 10 update sucks

Since the entire computer got an update, the file explorer also got an update. Now it shows the files I downloaded yesterday and past files. It is HALF convenient, half not. Why? I have some downloaded files that won't show up.
    I downloaded a song like not too long ago, and if I search it in downloads, it says no files were found. But if I insert the file into a site or program, it's there. Fix?

:)

ToyBonnie2, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Oct 22, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

The new Windows 10 update sucks

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

The new Windows 10 update sucks

1. The new Windows 10 update sucks - Similar Threads - update sucks

2. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  3. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  4. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this: The Windows 11 update of microsoft paint is horrible compared with win 2010 paint. Can we get the option for the earlier version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-update-sucks-want-to-speak-to-someone/29f588b5-328f-4592-8254-312a53d2531e
  5. MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this

MS Paint Update Sucks, Want to speak to someone about this: The Windows 11 update of microsoft paint is horrible compared with win 2010 paint. Can we get the option for the earlier version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-paint-update-sucks-want-to-speak-to-someone/29f588b5-328f-4592-8254-312a53d2531e
  6. The new update sucks.

The new update sucks.: This new update on Windows is horrible. You have to move the mouse a little to the right to click on anything instead of clicking directly and I can barely type. I am trying to complete a presentation but I will now have to wait until school because I cannot type on slides. I...
  7. The new update sucks.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The new update sucks.: This new update on Windows is horrible. You have to move the mouse a little to the right to click on anything instead of clicking directly and I can barely type. I am trying to complete a presentation but I will now have to wait until school because I cannot type on slides. I...
  8. The new update sucks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. MS Paint Update Sucks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint Update Sucks: So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to...
  10. MS Paint Update Sucks

MS Paint Update Sucks: So, MS Paint just updated and the new update is horrible! Whenever I resize, flip, or rotate an image, it comes out bad. The lines lose their quality and become blurred all over the edges, ruining the fill tool's purpose a little and destroying my desires and creativity to...