Windows 10: The new windows update and videos in Edge

Discus and support The new windows update and videos in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just did a clean install of Windows N about a month ago (ran into the same html problem) and I downloaded the "Media Feature Pack" from Microsoft's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cromax, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Cromax Win User

The new windows update and videos in Edge

did you restart after installation?

Cromax, Apr 5, 2018
  2. seek Win User

Hey guys... Ever since I downloaded the new April update yesterday I cannot watch videos with the Edge explorer mostly on YouTube cuz I use it so much. I did download Chrome and its working fine in there but I like Edge. -Thanks for any help!

Here is a picture of the error from Utube:

The new windows update and videos in Edge [​IMG]

:)

3. DAP62 Win User
    Adobe Flash Player Not Working in Firefox Since Windows 10 Build 14251 Upgrade.

Same problem here. Flash videos in Firefox worked fine until build 14251. All software updated to latest versions. Videos play fine in Edge browser. All signs point to something in the new Windows build.

DAP62, Apr 30, 2018
  4. FLavigne Win User

sound and video problems

I still haven't heard about Microsoft/Windows issuing proper drivers for Beatsaudio and Windows 10. Neither has the video issue been resolved in Edge. I simply cannot watch most videos on Microsoft News or in Edge. Must be linked to Beatsaudio. All
    the more reason for Microsoft to issue proper drivers so that I may actually enjoy this new Windows 10 experience. I have no problems with videos using another browser, just with Edge.

FLavigne, Apr 30, 2018
  5. Cromax Win User
    its known bug its edge doesnt support html5 at all..when you check supported formats

Cromax, Apr 30, 2018
  6. Cromax Win User
    Cromax, May 1, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Bree, May 1, 2018
  8. Cromax Win User

yeah but it doesnt work unless you install media pack for v1803 i tried youtube twitch it wouldnt work till i installed that shit atleast for pro n version

Cromax, May 1, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    That's not Edge's HTML5 that's at fault. It's because the necessary codecs are removed in the N version to meet EU legislation. The Media Pack installs all the bits that the EU insisted that Microsoft removed - something about giving consumers 'freedom of choice'.

Bree, May 1, 2018
  10. Cromax Win User
    then how it worked on previous versions without it?

Cromax, May 1, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    Edge does include Adobe Flash Player, but it's turned off by default. That would probably have worked, even in the N version. If Flash was turned on previously, the upgrade to 1803 would have reset it back to default and turned in off.

12. Cromax Win User
    nope it didnt i tried that also

Cromax, May 1, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

Well, thankfully I have the en-gb English International version, so I don't have an N version to confirm what does (and doesn't) work. With the Media Pack installed your N version should be identical to the full versions.

14. Cromax Win User
    yes and i just wanted to help a guy and i phrased that sentence wrong i meant html5 video isnt working

Cromax, May 1, 2018
  15. Bree New Member
    and if @seek has the N version you have helped. We don't know what region they are in, so it was worth saying.

Thema:

1. The new windows update and videos in Edge - Similar Threads - update videos Edge

2. Video comments, new addition to Edge's PDF reader.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video comments, new addition to Edge's PDF reader.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lylbo9/video_comments_new_addition_to_edges_pdf_reader/
  3. New Update of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Update of Microsoft Edge: some days ago, the Microsoft update its browser called Microsoft edge. i used to open books in PDF form in browser. there war an icon on the top left side near the page numbering, showing detail of book e.g chapters list with topics in the previous version. But after update...
  4. New Edge Update

New Edge Update: How can solve my problem in updating the new Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-edge-update/af7af569-43d5-4b5a-9a89-0d97205a6c95
  5. Windows update with the new edge question?

Windows update with the new edge question?: My son was forced to do a windows update and when he logged in he was greeted with the new edge and was made to set it up for him. How come I don't have this update? I go to my updates and there is no updates just says I'm on the latest yet I don't have the newest edge like...
  6. New update installing new Edge

New update installing new Edge: I have lost all my files 4 times in 4 days. Each time I close my computer, it does the update all over again when I open it up. I want this to stop! My work is suffering as I am spending 6 hrs each day simply rebuilding what I need. How can I make this update stop updating?...
  7. The New Edge not in Windows Update

in Browsers and Email
    The New Edge not in Windows Update: When will the new Edge be available through windows update? I am getting all other updates but Edge. Using Win 10 Pro 1909. 151839
  8. Can't play anymore videos on prime video with the new Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play anymore videos on prime video with the new Chromium Edge: Always with this error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-anymore-videos-on-prime-video-with-the/5aa06ae4-29f9-4098-96ad-8eeb14dba087
  9. if there is a video on the page edge will add a new window that show the video if I move...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    if there is a video on the page edge will add a new window that show the video if I move...: if there is a video on the page edge will add a new window that show the video if I move down on the page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/if-there-is-a-video-on-the-page-edge-will-add-a/90bd0373-8c33-47d4-92b7-fb4481b79b37
  10. The new windows update and videos in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    The new windows update and videos in Edge: Hey guys... Ever since I downloaded the new April update yesterday I cannot watch videos with the Edge explorer mostly on YouTube cuz I use it so much. I did download Chrome and its working fine in there but I like Edge. -Thanks for any help! Here is a picture of the error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge html5 1803