Windows 10: The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and...

Discus and support The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; help submitted by /u/destroyer_1234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqxafq/the_new_windows_update_completely_broke_my/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/destroyer_1234, Sep 11, 2020.

1. The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and...

/u/destroyer_1234, Sep 11, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 11, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Update Broke Computer Need Help!

Windows 10 Upgrade
    According to this list, your PC isn't on Acer's approved list for Win 10. Could you check that?

This is an older PC which came with Win 7. Have you ever clean installed Win 10 on it?

• AMD Athlon II X2 255 Dual Core Processor
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • 2GB DDR3 RAM
    • 320GB HDD
    • DVD Rewriter
    • Integrated Graphics
    • PS.VB1E3.082

We can only proceed step by step.

So chkdsk and SFC /Scannow are ok. But any attempt to reset your PC or run DISM fails.

Is this what you tried? I'm not 100% clear what the above means. Clean install or this procedure?
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

If you tried this, it's possible it failed as you need (it seems) some 500Mb of unallocated space on your hard disk.

dalchina, Sep 11, 2020
  4. The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and...

Windows 10 update broke my computer?

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger Safe Mode through the Windows
    Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
    • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
    • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore
    point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View by, click Category and select Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Melowin Mar, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and...

1. The new windows update completely broke my computer and now i cant sign in to anything and... - Similar Threads - update completely broke

2. Complete reset of my computer, cant login to Microsoft account and cant select anything in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Complete reset of my computer, cant login to Microsoft account and cant select anything in...: So i did complete reset of my pc with deleting all filesand when the thing was done i cant login type pin to my account it says: the user profil service service failed the sign inuser profil cannot be loadedobviously i searched for answers but majority of them include going...
  3. I cant sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant sign in to my computer: I performed system restore after updating Windows and now I cant sign in. It hangs and I cant figure out how to pass the welcome stuck page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-computer/c34fb23f-4ca7-4503-97fd-e64bad9c3da7
  4. I cant sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant sign in to my computer: I performed system restore after updating Windows and now I cant sign in. It hangs and I cant figure out how to pass the welcome stuck page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-sign-in-to-my-computer/c34fb23f-4ca7-4503-97fd-e64bad9c3da7
  5. I cant sign into my computer

I cant sign into my computer: My brother had given me his computer for college but i cant get into it. He had factory reset it and at home it had worked but now I’m trying to open my computer but it asks me to sign in. It shows me “other user” and “username” and “password”. Any suggestions?...
  6. Microsoft update, now I cant sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft update, now I cant sign in: Hi, so I tried to update my computer for the first time in about three months because the update wouldn't work. So I ran the troubleshooter, restarted my computer and now it says I can't use my pin to sign in and I didn't make a password for it. So I'm stuck at the moment,...
  7. Microsoft update, now I cant sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft update, now I cant sign in: Hi, so I tried to update my computer for the first time in about three months because the update wouldn't work. So I ran the troubleshooter, restarted my computer and now it says I can't use my pin to sign in and I didn't make a password for it. So I'm stuck at the moment,...
  8. Microsoft update, now I cant sign in

9. I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.: Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a...
  10. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.: Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a...