Windows 10: The newest update disabled my mouse

Discus and support The newest update disabled my mouse in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday evening, my laptop received a large update. Since then, my mouse no longer works. This makes life very difficult, as I turned off my touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisZrymiak, May 25, 2019.

1. The newest update disabled my mouse

Yesterday evening, my laptop received a large update. Since then, my mouse no longer works. This makes life very difficult, as I turned off my touch pad for convenience and now am having difficulty turning it back on

:)

ChrisZrymiak, May 25, 2019

2. Creator's Update disables FarCry-3 mouse buttons.

Hi,

Outdated or incorrect device drivers may cause the side buttons of your mouse to get disabled after a recent upgrade. For us to effectively assist you in rectifying the mouse button issue, provide more information by answering these questions:

• Is the issue confined to the Far Cry 3 game only?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device aside from the forced update that happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 25, 2019
  3. Disabling trackpad when external mouse is active

I have an ASUS laptop running Win10. The touchpad gestures sometimes accidentally activate and make a hash of my typing. I wish to use an external mouse and disable trackpad automatically when that mouse is active. Your advice says:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Ease of Access.
    3. Click Touchpad.
    4. Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    5. You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

As you no doubt know, these instructions are WRONG. There is no toggle switch under touchpad, and no option to toggle touchpad off when using external mouse.

I allow WIN10 to update. It is updated.

So what is the secret? And why is it a secret?

Editorsteve1, May 25, 2019
  4. The newest update disabled my mouse

disabled mouse and keyboard

Hello Peter,

An outdated or incompatible mouse driver can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these steps to check if the device is recognized correctly in Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.
    • Navigate to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • A yellow exclamation means that the mouse driver is not installed properly. You can right-click and select
      Uninstall.
    • Right-click on Mice and other pointing devices and select
      Scan for hardware change.
    • If the yellow exclamation mark still exists, go to their support site to search your product name and find the corresponding mouse driver to install and update.
    • You may re-do the steps 1 to 5 to check for the keyboard.

Note: If there are no pointing devices and keyboard, it indicates that there is no mouse and keyboard configured or it is a mouse and keyboard hardware failure. We suggest that you contact your system manufacturer to report
    the status of those devices to identify if these are hardware related issue.

Feel free to post back for an update with the outcome and let us know if you need more help.

Zedrick Del, May 25, 2019
Thema:

The newest update disabled my mouse

1. The newest update disabled my mouse - Similar Threads - newest update disabled

2. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  3. Newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  4. Newest win10 update

Newest win10 update: Did the new update screw up anyone's homepage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-win10-update/638e1814-18d8-45fd-b355-d52df35edd31
  5. Newest Microsoft Update

Newest Microsoft Update: Yesterday at noon my system wanted me to restart my computer to install an update, so I did. An hour later I walk into my room to discover my computer isn’t turned on anymore, I thought this want strange as I didn’t shut it down, but to my suprise, when I turned it back on,...
  6. Windows Update disables my mouse

Windows Update disables my mouse: On Jan 18th, 2020 an automatic Windows 10 update created a problem for both my touch pad and USB connected mice same problem for both. After starting my computer, both mice work for awhile, then become unresponsive and a manual undesirable shutdown must be performed. I have...
  7. Newest Update

Newest Update: I have a Gateway desktop computer, 64 bit operating system. It currently has Windows 10 Home, v 1803, and I have been trying to update to the newest version. I have tried multiple times. It will start updating but then it freezes; I'll do a hard shut off, and then when I...
  8. Newest update?

Newest update?: I tried updating windows and it updated the first part but it failed to update the rest so how do I update it fully bc it failed to update the most current windows 10 update? 138158
  9. Newest update

Newest update: My win 10 ver, is 1809 and I get a Event ID 20. Says can't install because of a driver. It does not tell me what driver and I can not find it in any log of the error. Can someone plese help me with this? Thanks...
  10. The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports

The newest update seems to have disabled my USB ports: The newest Windows update has disabled my USB ports, making it so I can't use my mouse. Seriously, I should turn off updates as they seem to bring problems more than anything else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update disabled my mouse