Windows 10: The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...

Discus and support The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSecretNewbie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSecretNewbie, May 15, 2020.

1. The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...

/u/TheSecretNewbie, May 15, 2020

2. BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, May 15, 2020
  3. R-T-B Win User
    BIOS update bricks laptop

I know this is going to blow your mind, but I've had bios bricks and I do laptop refurbs for a living. It happens... Particularly when the flash program is windows only and drivers are amuck.

R-T-B, May 15, 2020
  4. The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...

BIOS update bricks laptop

Hey everyone,

Last night I wanted to update my bios which lead to the laptop bricking and wouldn't turn off until the battery finally died. I tried plugging it in afterwards but the laptop would neither charge nor turn on. I tried every trick in the book, but the laptop would not charge or turn on. Nothing. I read online that this could be due to a corrupt bios chip. I want to replace it, but considering the laptop won't turn on at all, does this also mean the motherboard is damaged? I read online that the motherboard cannot be ruined from a bad bios update so I'm hoping I just need to replace the bios chip as it is a cheaper solution than replacing the entire board. Can anyone recommend what to do? Any advice would be really really helpful. Thanks.

NoviceGamer, May 15, 2020
Thema:

The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a...

1. The newest update made my laptop a brick and after an hour I finally got it to perform a... - Similar Threads - newest update made

2. I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?: I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?I have literally tried every recommendation I can find available online with no success.What can I do?...
  3. I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?: I performed an update - Bitlocker. Now my computer is a brick. HELP?I have literally tried every recommendation I can find available online with no success.What can I do?...
  4. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  5. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs: Is anyone else having this issue? I haven't turned off my PC in days because I can't tell it to not update. Everyone who is doing the newest set of updates is unable to get past the windows logo during the boot process and it has me extremely worried. Is there an ETA for a...
  6. Newest Windows 10 Update "Bricking" PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Finally got a laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally got a laptop: After waiting for the stimulus check, and watching laptops with ending sales and going out of stock, I finally got this one... ASUS VivoBook R564JA-UH51T 15.6" Laptop Computer - Gray; Intel Core i5 10th Gen 1035G1 1.0GHz Processor; 8GB DDR4 - Micro Center Very nice, and...
  8. Poor performance on the newest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Poor performance on the newest update: Hey, after installing the newest update, my NVIDIA GPU is performing much worse. It feels like it's stuttering no matter what game I play. FPS dropped a bit, but even though the FPS value looks kinda alright, it feels very sluggish and generally uncomfortable to play. I was...
  9. Finally got the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Finally got the anniversary update: Only took 3 months. I just waited for the update. Now I have to straighten out my PC again. 64713
  10. Finally I got a code!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Finally I got a code!!!: Hi Ever since I installed I've been trying to get the authentication code thing. Finally today on what has to be at least the 20th try I received a code. I have virtually all of my software installed now, so I feel that the setup process is coming to and end. From...