Windows 10: The newest update made the Downloads folders have huge date-based dividers...how to hide them?

Discus and support The newest update made the Downloads folders have huge date-based dividers...how to hide them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want it to be how it was before, without any dividers between the files. There are different collapsible sections for "Yesterday", "Earlier this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TesFO, Sep 14, 2019.

1. TesFO Win User

The newest update made the Downloads folders have huge date-based dividers...how to hide them?

I want it to be how it was before, without any dividers between the files. There are different collapsible sections for "Yesterday", "Earlier this week", "Last week", "Last month", etc.

I don't want the files to be in separate sections like that and I don't need the date-based organization. I just want them in one central space.

I looked around in the options but there doesn't seem to be one that lets you turn the dividers off. Anyone know?

:)

TesFO, Sep 14, 2019
  2. TesFO Win User

The newest update made the Downloads folders have huge date-based dividers...how to hide them?

I want it to be how it was before, without any dividers between the files. There are different collapsible sections for "Yesterday", "Earlier this week", "Last week", "Last month", etc.

I don't want the files to be in separate sections like that and I don't need the date-based organization. I just want them in one central space.

I looked around in the options but there doesn't seem to be one that lets you turn the dividers off. Anyone know?

TesFO, Sep 25, 2019
  3. TesFO Win User

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately none of those view options make a difference: the dividers stay present

TesFO, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Time Lady Win User

Right click within the downloads folder & choose to show small, medium or large icons.

If this doesn’t work then I’ll check my pc when I get home.

Time Lady, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. The newest update made the Downloads folders have huge date-based dividers...how to hide them? - Similar Threads - newest update made

2. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  3. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?: Hi, I noticed that my download folder is very messy because there are over 200 items. I downloaded most of them using a download manager. In the download manager, files are sorted by their date of download and it's pretty useful. In the actual "Downloads" folder, they're...
  4. How to sort my "Downloads" folder by the download date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. empty folders with dates marked on them

empty folders with dates marked on them: Hi so recently ive been going through old dvd's and restoring the files.Some files, pictures, and videos were able to open but in the Pictures folder are a bunch of folders with dates named on them e.g. 3-11-2012 but they're all empty. Were these initially images? were they...
  6. empty folders with dates marked on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    empty folders with dates marked on them: Hi so recently ive been going through old dvd's and restoring the files.Some files, pictures, and videos were able to open but in the Pictures folder are a bunch of folders with dates named on them e.g. 3-11-2012 but they're all empty. Were these initially images? were they...
  7. empty folders with dates marked on them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hiding date?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding date?: I want to hide the date from the taskbar but I don't want to use small taskbar icons because I want to make Windows 10 look like Windows 10X if I can't get it on real hardware (Officially, I know that this guide exists (Sorry, Had to remove because of legal reasons, just...
  9. DOWNLOADS FOLDER DIVIDED INTO 6 SECTIONS

DOWNLOADS FOLDER DIVIDED INTO 6 SECTIONS: I RAN WIN 10 VER, 1903 X64 (KB450254) update. Now the DOWNLOADS folder is divided into 6 sections. I want the old setup back but don't see that option on the properties section. Bruk251...
  10. HUGE windows update problem with the newest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HUGE windows update problem with the newest update.: Hello, I've been having serious issues with the update that makes "Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service" use more than 30% of my CPU and I can't play any games on my pc because of this I'm getting very big frame drops. You can see the update here: [ATTACH]It's just...