Windows 10: The next generation of Windows: Windows 10

Discus and support The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] Today I had the honor of sharing new information about Windows 10, the new generation of Windows. Our team shared more Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

The next generation of Windows: Windows 10

Source: Microsoft - The next generation of Windows: Windows 10

See also: https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...iscussion.html

:)

Brink, Jan 20, 2015
  2. samkuhr Win User

When will the next generation of Windows 7 phones hit the market?

Will T-mobile get one of these new phones? I'm particularly interested in video chatting and will need a capable phone.

samkuhr, Jan 20, 2015
  3. When will the next generation of Windows 7 phones hit the market?

Hello samkuhr,

At the moment we do not hold official information regarding new phones or availability on T-Mobile. I would suggest you keep an eye on
    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass for all the latest news on Microsoft. Thanks a lot for posting!

Patrizia R., Jan 20, 2015
  4. Trust_No1 Win User

As I listened and watched, I was impressed with the dreams and visions displayed by the Microsoft Team, and then I started thinking about the reality of all the connectivity and technology. It really is marvelous if you can afford the price tag to support all of the innovations, and when I say this, I speak to DirectX 12, holograms, etc. it costs a lot to be able to acquire the hardware for such things. My $60.00 a month internet bill, is almost to much to handle.

Free upgrade for the first year, sounds nice BUT....
    What if later, I have to re-install?
    What will be the cost of Windows 10 after the year is up?
    Will it be subscription based, so much per month thereafter?

Before I go switching over, I want to know the cost on the back end of the deal.

Trust_No1, Jan 20, 2015
  5. Bumpkin Win User
    Wow! I got excited when I heard there would be free upgrades, but your post brought me back to earth.

Upgrades scare me if I can't get the .iso files.

Bumpkin, Jan 20, 2015
  6. PaulGo Win User
    "This is more than a one-time upgrade: once a Windows device is upgraded to Windows 10, we will continue to keep it current for the supported lifetime of the device – at no additional charge."

Unless I am misreading this it appears Microsoft will not be charging for Windows 10 upgrades or maintenance.

PaulGo, Jan 21, 2015
  7. PaulGo Win User
    Microsoft to deliver free upgrades to Windows 10 - CNET

PaulGo, Jan 21, 2015
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I think that if the upgrade to Win10 sets up an ESD file then we can create and ISO.

Time will tell

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  9. echrada Win User
    There will always be an ISO, somehow, somewhere.

echrada, Jan 21, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I would think so but there might be a charge for that.. not sure but I might get a DVD copy so I have a backup if I can't make and ISO.

BunnyJ, Jan 21, 2015
  11. gzt7d8 Win User
    I totally agree or some smart person off this site will figure it out and we'll see it in the Tutorial.

gzt7d8, Jan 21, 2015
  12. HOLY DANCING ELEPHANTS!!

I didn't watch the live stream today as I was in attendance to the president's post State of the Union speech and am currently downloading all three hours of it! I'm not going to look at a lot of Windows 10 news and updates until I watch the reveal keynote.

This is utterly epic.

Coke Robot, Jan 21, 2015
  13. Vladimir Win User

I watched the live stream and got really excited about the new possibilities that are coming with the new OS.

I totally agree or some smart person off this site will figure it out and we'll see it in the Tutorial. That's true ! I'm sure they'll find solutions for whatever we need !

Vladimir, Jan 21, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    There are many alternatives to .ISO,

CountMike, Jan 21, 2015
  15. LittleJay Win User
    I was thinking the same thing. The first thing I do, before and after installing a new OS is to create system images of both the old windows installation and then the new installation. It makes restoring things back to a working state really easy.

LittleJay, Jan 21, 2015
Thema:

1. The next generation of Windows: Windows 10 - Similar Threads - next generation

2. Presenting a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Presenting a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12: Using my personal creativity, I managed to design a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12. And I am going to share this logo with the beloved company Microsoft. I would be very happy if you could help me how to do this.Also, I intend to cooperate...
  3. Presenting a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Presenting a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12: Using my personal creativity, I managed to design a very beautiful logo for the next generation of Windows Windows 12. And I am going to share this logo with the beloved company Microsoft. I would be very happy if you could help me how to do this.Also, I intend to cooperate...
  4. Next generation windows phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next generation windows phones: Will Microsoft ever work on new generation of windows phone? It was a great experience for me, especially the unique tile based interface metro look. I would like to see the comeback of Microsoft in smartphone business powered by Windows OS. Since the company is trying to...
  5. Next generation windows phones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Next generation windows phones: Will Microsoft ever work on new generation of windows phone? It was a great experience for me, especially the unique tile based interface metro look. I would like to see the comeback of Microsoft in smartphone business powered by Windows OS. Since the company is trying to...
  6. Microsoft will unveil the next generation of Windows on June 24

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will unveil the next generation of Windows on June 24: During Microsoft’s Build 2021 developer conference, which was all about developers, CEO Satya Nadella confirmed that Microsoft is working on the next generation of Windows, which was previously teased by Panos Panay during the company’s enterprise-focused Ignite event....
  7. Microsoft CEO confirms next generation of Windows 10 with big changes

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft CEO confirms next generation of Windows 10 with big changes: Microsoft fans can expect ‘new things’ for Windows 10 in 2021, according to CEO Satya Nadella, who teased upcoming announcements during the company’s Build 2021 developer conference. During the developer conference, Microsoft’s Satya Nadella confirmed that he’s been...
  8. Arm announces next generation Armv9 architecture

in Windows 10 News
    Arm announces next generation Armv9 architecture: News highlights: The new Armv9 architecture will form the leading edge of the next 300 billion Arm-based chips Advances specialized processing built on the economics, design freedom and accessibility advantages of general-purpose compute Delivers greater performance,...
  9. Microsoft confirms ‘next generation of Windows 10’ is incredible

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms ‘next generation of Windows 10’ is incredible: We all know that the Windows 10 Sun Valley update is going to be a big deal for the operating system, but now – after a new statement from Microsoft – we finally have an official confirmation that the next generation of Windows is going to be “incredible” and “massive”....
  10. #MSIgnite 2021: Panos Panay teases 'next generation of Windows' coming

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2021: Panos Panay teases 'next generation of Windows' coming: In a fireside chat with Microsoft's Chief Product Officer, Panos Panay and Corporate VP & Product Manager, Roanne Sones, Panay briefly talks about Windows and the future of the platform, teasing that he's pumped about what's coming next but that Microsoft is not ready to talk...