Windows 10: The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

Discus and support The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marco Dalo, Jan 21, 2022.

1. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is there a way to sort this list on the file extensions? With 10+ files in the list, this would be quite handy to e.g. distinguish functions from tables,

:)

Marco Dalo, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Teemosan Win User

How do I change Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703?

Thanks Gil deG

That's a 90% fix.

I followed the instructions and used the option to:

"type 0 (zero) it will effectively disable taskbar thumbnail previews,
    and only show in list mode."

This works, but only if there is more than one instance of an item open. So if I have only one Explorer window open the peek preview will still be thumbnail. As soon as I open a second or more Explorer
    window the preview peek switches to List. Same behavior for single to multiple instances of any other program in the taskbar - It's Thumbnail for one instance, List for multiple.

So when setting the Decimal value is set to 0, it acts like Threshold value 1.

I'm using Win 10 Pro. I'm wondering if there is an equivalent way to do this using Group Policy Editor, or is it just thorugh regedit?

Thanks

Teemosan, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Gil deG Win User
    How do I change Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703?

Hi,

For you to change Taskbar Thumbnail peek to List peek, kindly follow the steps below:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog, type
    regedit
    , and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.

2. In the left pane of the Registry Editor, browse to the location below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband

4. To Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold:

A) In the right pane of the Taskband key, double click/tap on the
    NumThumbnails DWORD to modify it.

Note:

If you don't have a NumThumbnails DWORD, then right click or press and hold on an empty area in the right pane of the
    Taskband key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type
    NumThumbnails, and press Enter.

B) Select (dot) Decimal, type a number you want for the taskbar thumbnail threshold, click/tap on
    OK.

Note:

If you type 0 (zero) it will effectively disable taskbar thumbnail previews, and only show in list mode.

The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the... [​IMG]

5. Close Registry Editor.

6. Sign out to Windows and sign back in.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jan 21, 2022
  4. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the... 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

1. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the... - Similar Threads - number items shown

2. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  3. The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek list can be set in the...: When hovering over a pinned app in the taskbar, a set of open files is shown. When there are many, a list is shown - this is the 'peek preview list'.The number of items to be shown in the Taskbar Thumbnail peek preview list can be tweaked in the registry Taskband settings. Is...
  4. Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taskbar peek enabled in settings but not working: So basically my win 10 laptop have suddenly started not to show peek for tabs in the taskbar, I checked to see if the option was disabled but no peek was enabled. It's really annoying cause it only shows the name of the app open like when you hover oven an item in file...
  5. How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10: Windows 10 by default displays 12 items in the Taskbar Jump Lists. In Windows 7 you could change this number via Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, Now this is no longer possible. Increase number of Jump List items in Windows 10 If you want to change or increase the number of...
  6. Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual taskbar thumbnails be set to stay on top?: Can the individual taskbar thumbnails (which appear when you mouse over taskbar apps) be set to stay on top while you're doing other things/working in other apps? 44163
  7. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...
  8. Aero peek not working and multiple thumbnails not showing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero peek not working and multiple thumbnails not showing up: I think this happened after I've set visual effects to "adjust for best performance" and set it back to custom and enabled all settings later on. Here are screenshots of settings i currently have set: [img] [img] Desktop peek is working fine, but when I hover over...
  9. Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10: How to: Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10 How to Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10 [img] Information Jump Lists are lists of app specific tasks or items you can quickly open or get to for every day usage. Jump Lists...
  10. how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks

in Windows 10 Support
    how to re-enable taskbar thumbnail peeks: hello :-) I have this weird and annoying problem (pictures included) - https://www.facebook.com/avi.assayag1/media_set?set=a.1... Shutterfly picture 3 - on my desktop, I can only peek my taskbar windows in an icon mode without any thumbnails on, picture 1,2 - on...