Windows 10: The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ?

Discus and support The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A couple of years ago whenever my laptop started frying as I game , I used to switch to power saving mode which would slow down GPU performance and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nIGHTmAYOR, May 14, 2020.

1. The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ?

A couple of years ago whenever my laptop started frying as I game , I used to switch to power saving mode which would slow down GPU performance and cool it down dramatically .

Of course this happened at the cost of hindered graphics which didn't bother me much as the loss in fps was still not dramatically affecting my visual experience .

To be honest gaming at this level of heat can be irritating to fingers mind you made me lose 2 laptop keyboards over the time where the heat literally melted some keys above the GPU .

So lately and as I came back to gaming due to the lock down I realize power plan has no impact what so ever on the GPU as used to , so I dont know if this was a driver update or a windows one so my question is :

Is my system corrupted or this is a normal behavior nowadays ?

- If it's a normal behavior , how do people tam GPU heat now adays ?

P.S
    I tried lowering games graphics' profiles but the result is still that the GPU use all its power and heat ...

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, May 14, 2020
  2. pooltaxi1 Win User

Windows 10 Won't use NVIDIA GPU, Uses Integrated Graphics Instead! (LAPTOP)

I have a similar (same) problem with my ASUS laptop.

My Laptop: ASUS F550L laptop

SPECS:

Windows: Windows 10

Processor: Intel Core i7-4500MQ CPU @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M

Integrated GPU: ?

DirectX Version: ?

I have tried the steps listed above but they did not resolve the problem.

I have attempted to download an updated driver but my driver was reported as 'up to date'.

What do I do now?

pooltaxi1, May 14, 2020
  3. Multiple GPU laptop not using NVIDIA card

I am using a HP Spectre x360 15 Inch with 2 grapihcs cards:

• Intel UHD Graphics 630
    • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with Max-Q Design

Sadly the NVIDIA card only wakes up when disabling the Intel GPU, but this makes it impossible to control the laptop's brightness.

For example the application AutoCAD which asks quite a lot of GPU power. In the NVIDIA control panel AutoCAD is set to High-performance, as well as in Windows. The laptop is on High performance in battery mode and is charging.

The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ? DhD51.png

The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ? ytSPQ.png

Is there a solution for this to work? For example when charging using the NVIDIA card when plugged out use Intel card for power saving, (or even just using NVIDIA card as standard on high performance without the need to disable the Intel one).

I have confirmed that the Intel UHD takes over by looking into the Task Manager; the NVIDEA stays at 0%:

The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ? IaT4p.png

Wouter Dumon, May 14, 2020
  4. Moticool Win User

The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ?

Nvidia GPU Error Code 45 Laptop

Hello,

I am having some problems with my laptop. First, when I try to install any Nvidia drivers for my RTX 2070, it says that the GPU is not supported. When I look in Device Manager, it says that the GPU, which is internally in the computer, is not connected to
    the laptop and gives Code 45. When I look at the control center, that came with the computer, it says the GPU temperature is 0 and usage is also 0%.

Please help,

Moticool, May 14, 2020
Thema:

The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ?

1. The Nvidia GPU on laptops became independent of Power Profile ? - Similar Threads - Nvidia GPU laptops

2. Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45: I started getting this issue about a week ago. I got it fixed by uninstalling the windows updates I had from the settings. The issue is still persisting, however, and every time my laptop goes into sleep mode my dedicated GPU gets the error again and becomes unrecognized. How...
  3. Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Laptop GPU error 45: I started getting this issue about a week ago. I got it fixed by uninstalling the windows updates I had from the settings. The issue is still persisting, however, and every time my laptop goes into sleep mode my dedicated GPU gets the error again and becomes unrecognized. How...
  4. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  5. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu: So my laptop is a dell vostro 14 5480 which suppose to have a nvidia gpuBut the thing is registering the igpu not the nvidia gpu that it supposed toSo what is the problem...
  6. Dell laptop not registering nvidia gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. NVIDIA GPU Laptop error code 45

NVIDIA GPU Laptop error code 45: I have a msi laptop with RTX 3070 laptop gpu and i have some problems with it, at first the gpu is not listed at the device manager but after i checked the show hidden device option, the gpu showed but there is an error code 45 and its not working, i tried to install the...
  8. NVIDIA GPU Laptop error code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GPU Laptop error code 45: I have a msi laptop with RTX 3070 laptop gpu and i have some problems with it, at first the gpu is not listed at the device manager but after i checked the show hidden device option, the gpu showed but there is an error code 45 and its not working, i tried to install the...
  9. Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia GPU but laptop also has INTEL GPU drivers: New Dell laptop with Windows 10Pro. Laptop has an optional NVidia MX250 GPU. I installed that latest NV drivers. I also went into the Dell control manager system where it looked for updates for drivers. It updated A few drivers incl and update to BIOS but It also seemed to...
  10. Nvidia GPU Error Code 45 Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia GPU Error Code 45 Laptop: Hello, I am having some problems with my laptop. First, when I try to install any Nvidia drivers for my RTX 2070, it says that the GPU is not supported. When I look in Device Manager, it says that the GPU, which is internally in the computer, is not connected to the laptop...