Windows 10: The Office trial expired, what??

Discus and support The Office trial expired, what?? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Cr00zng, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Cr00zng Win User

The Office trial expired, what??

I've been running Office 2013 Professional for 4-5 years by now, the system started out as Windows 8.1. During this time the system had been restored from MR backup numerous times and had no issues with the Office licensing.

About a week ego, the system had been restored from MR image backup and had no issues with licensing until today. Started up the system and Outlook today, this is what popped up after couple of hours:

The Office trial expired, what?? [​IMG]

The picture is a combination of asking for and entering the product key.

After doing so and clicking on "Install" in the second image, Outlook locked up solid and had to be closed in Task Manager. Starting up Outlook again resulted in "not responding" error and subsequent force closing of the app.

Closed all programs, rebooted the system, started Outlook and it runs just fine. The "File\Office Account\Product Information" show this:

The Office trial expired, what?? [​IMG]

While I am glad that simply rebooting the system fixed this ailing...

What causes this sort of errors and how to prevent it to reappear in the future?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Dec 8, 2018

2. Trial Expired and Microsoft Office

Office 365 trials are usually only for a month, never a year. So, you might have a trial and full version installed.

Click Start > Settings > Apps

Scroll down to Office 365 to see if you have more than one installed.

Schools and organizations usually have Office 365 Pro Plus, University installed. If you have Home Premium installed, that might be what you are launching. Uninstall it then restart.

Andre for Directly, Dec 8, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Office 365 free trial for 1 month

Hi neil,

Sign in to the https://account.microsoft.com/services page using the Microsoft account that's associated with your Office 365 Home trial

Under your Office 365 subscription, look for the Expires on date or a Cancel link

If you don't see a Cancel link, and you see Paid with and None, your trial will end on the Expires on date. You don't need to cancel because no future payments will be made.

If your Office 365 trial was installed on your new PC, it will expire on the date shown

If you don't see a Cancel link and you see a Turn on auto-renew link, automatic renewal is turned off. Your trial will end on the Expires on date. You don't need to cancel because no future payments will be made.

Shows the Subscriptions page with automatic renewal turned off

If you see a Cancel link under Office 365 Home, select Cancel to cancel your trial.

Source:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/cancel...

DaveM121, Dec 8, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Trial Expired and Microsoft Office

Hi Shaniquewa,

How do you mean you were meant to get a year trial of Microsoft Office

Did this come with a new PC or through your school?

DaveM121, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. The Office trial expired, what?? - Similar Threads - Office trial expired

2. Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired: I have a number of machines that the Defender ATP was pushed to. Now that the trial ended and we have decided to go another route with our Endpoint security, I want to uninstall the ATP on machines that didn't get removed before the trial expired. Is there a clean way outside...
  3. Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender ATP removal after Trial Expired: I have a number of machines that the Defender ATP was pushed to. Now that the trial ended and we have decided to go another route with our Endpoint security, I want to uninstall the ATP on machines that didn't get removed before the trial expired. Is there a clean way outside...
  4. Purchased App Acts Like an Expired Trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Purchased App Acts Like an Expired Trial: I purchased an app on the microsoft Store. I downloaded it, but the PC believes I have a trial. How do I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-app-acts-like-an-expired-trial/6cc3c6e5-84f8-4059-83e2-ac35a9737c2f
  5. Microsoft Office 365 trial

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Office 365 trial: A short time ago I signed up for a free trial of Microsoft office 365. I canceled it before the trial was up. I just recently went into my files to get some financial information. Unbeknownst to me, my pdf/hard copies of my files have been changed to outlook/xhtml files...
  6. Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office free trial expired now I can't use wordpad: I agreed to the Office free trial basically to get it to leave me alone and stop harassing me to try it. I never wanted it and figured I would just let it expire. It immediately started converting my wordpad documents into word, which was an aggravation, and I couldn't figure...
  7. Microsoft Office one month trial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Office one month trial: Split from this thread. Hi Sir, Good Day !!! Greetings !!! Can you please help me on this issue. On last month i tried to get microsoft office one month trial version from this account. i was given my credit card details on this site but i dint downloaded micro soft...
  8. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired?: Just for curiosity's sake. What makes Windows 10 know a trial period for an app has expired? is it some cookie? Any help much welcome 151886
  9. trial period expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    trial period expired: i just installed win 10 on a new computer , when it boots up , i cannot even open the start menu , it gives error that the trial version for that app has expired and i need to go to the store and update. the desktop is not even working , i really could use some help...
  10. Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 trial, incomplete uninstall: Tried Office 365 on a trial basis. Cancelled the option to continue after 30 days. Uninstalled Office 365 and it seemed normal and when finished asked me to restart so that MS could "tidy" up a bit. Did that, but all the programs, word, excel etc remain on the start menu and...