Windows 10: The old freeze issue after updates with a twist

Discus and support The old freeze issue after updates with a twist in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So... It's been maybe a couple of years since this one, I'm running a Windows tablet, it's unbranded. The common i believe was fairly common, people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthewFletcher4, Jun 9, 2020.

1. The old freeze issue after updates with a twist

So... It's been maybe a couple of years since this one, I'm running a Windows tablet, it's unbranded. The common i believe was fairly common, people updated, pc would boot and login ok but would freeze a moment later. Easy fix was roll back the update from the login screen however i decided i didn't want to see login so i set it to skip login and go straight to desktop.

In recovery options i tried resetcomes back with simply 'there was a problem'. And i think i tried most options i could find to no avail.

On my previous hours of trying i found that the os was possibly a combination of eufi? And ???legacyit's been a long time so struggled to find an iso of the os i could install.

Wonder if anybody can advise, feel like I'm getting nowhere, thanks for any attempts.

P.s. my bios is asking for a password... It never did that before, surely i want stupid enough to set that... Oil try to get into it in the mean time.

Regrettably i struggle to get system specs for to freeze.

I can basically access recovery options, and i did on previous attempts bit boot an iso, so fingers crossed i can get into bios soon.

Love

:)

MatthewFletcher4, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 9, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

The old freeze issue after updates with a twist

Updater freezes while downloading

Hi,

There are a lot of
    reasons why your Windows Update freezes. However, one common issue that causes this is
    having a corrupted system file. We suggest that you run the
    Update troubleshooter
    to fix it automatically. To run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, follow
    these steps:

• On the
      search bar, type Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      System and Security.

• Under
      Windows, click on
      Windows Update
      to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow these methods in fixing Windows Update:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

DISM
    tool
    will check the system's health and will try restoring the missing and corrupted files. To
    run the DISM
    tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a
    while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 3:

After doing
    Method 1
    and
    Method 2
    but the issue still persist, you can
    manually reset the Windows Update Components and Run Windows Update process again.

Resetting
    Windows Update Components
    will fix those corrupted Components and will help the Update installation quickly. To reset
    Windows Update Components, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator

• Stop
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following command:

• Net stop wuauserv

• Net stop cryptSvc

• Net stop bits

• Net stop msiserver

• Rename
      SoftwareDistribution
      and
      Catroot2
      folder. To do this, type the following commands:

• Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• Restart
      BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and Windows Update Services. To do this,
      type the following commands:

• Net start wuauserv

• Net start cryptSvc

• Net start bits

• Net start msiserver

• Restart
        your computer and try to
        install Windows Update.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

The old freeze issue after updates with a twist

1. The old freeze issue after updates with a twist - Similar Threads - old freeze issue

2. AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue.: AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue, I just faced this issue again at GMT +4 09:23pm. However, one of your representative told me some days ago you need to update your drivers first to eradicate this issue. Please find attached screenshot....
  3. AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue.: AFTER Updating DRIVERS Still Freezing Issue, I just faced this issue again at GMT +4 09:23pm. However, one of your representative told me some days ago you need to update your drivers first to eradicate this issue. Please find attached screenshot....
  4. MsMpEng.exe query - with a twist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng.exe query - with a twist: AVG said that MsMpEng.exe is trying to access my Firefox login information, but I don't have FF installed; haven't used it for years, and never on this PC.I know that MsMpEng.exe is a legit Defender file, but I'm baffled by the FF reference. Would appreciate advice on this....
  5. Freezing after update??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing after update??: Anyone else’s pc freeze after the new update? Happens about 30 mins after use. Freezes screen and it does not respond. I have a higher end gaming machine. submitted by /u/FocusPuRe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky5to0/freezing_after_update/
  6. NVIDIA OLD GPU BSOD ND FREEZING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDIA OLD GPU BSOD ND FREEZING ISSUE: HII .. this is my first post so i dont know much but its been a moth im facing issue with my pc . whenever i start my pc it freezes each nd everytime everything freezes even the lights of keyboad nd mouse ....i can successfully boot into safe mode...nd found that its nvidia...
  7. Freezing issues on PC after updating to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing issues on PC after updating to Windows 10: Hi, So I'm back again with the same issue another day. Brief Details So the issue is still the same after that when I wasn't able to fix the issue even when I installed Windows 8/8.1 the issue was still there. So I uninstalled windows went back to Linux but now I started a...
  8. Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyborg F.L.Y 5 twist issue: Hello, I've purchased the Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Joystick for PC and everything works but the twist on the joystick.. I've triedc configuring it through the software and in ArmA 3 in-game and ArmA 2 .. no luck with the twist but everything else works.. I've been reading that a...
  9. that old right click issue with a twist?

in Windows 10 Support
    that old right click issue with a twist?: hey guys/girls, long time lurker, first time poster running win10 pro with creator update every-time i right on the desktop and try and create a "new" - file, folder, etc it crashes and refreshes the screen, all other right click inputs in the dialog i have work I...
  10. Twist on Black Screen issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Twist on Black Screen issue: I've been running Windows 10 on my Dell desktop for a few months now with no major issues. Now, it decides to randomly act up. Anyhow... The computer boots up to the login screen where it shows the picture. Once I hit a key it shows the user name and the password box for a...