Windows 10: The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020

Discus and support The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Here she is: [img] 153558 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SIW2, Apr 3, 2020.

1. SIW2 Win User

The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020

Here she is:

The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020 [​IMG]

:)

SIW2, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, Apr 3, 2020
  3. dmesal Win User
    Great Looking Walls All

Great Looking Walls All

Just curious as to what programs are being used for creating such works of art are there any suggested free ware programs being used?

dmesal, Apr 3, 2020
  4. endeavor Win User

Replacing Windows Mail in Win-10 with one from Win-Vista.

Clayton, yes you can use your own files, as well realize the files from the tutorial attachments are the exact same thing already coming from Windows Vista - it's all the same.

The tutorial instructions how to do it in every detail are posted Here

Please for your own sake, just be sure you understand the limitations of using the old Vista WinMail client out of it's native environment inside of Windows7/8/10 by reading through the disclaimer, and the Bug List that's linked on the page there, and then decide if you want to do it and if it's right for you.
    Feel free to post your questions over there too.

endeavor, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

1. The Old girl still looks great - Vista in 2020 - Similar Threads - Old girl still

2. W7 or vista and older OS looks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W7 or vista and older OS looks: How can I make my w10 look like idk, w98 or xp or vista or something of the sort submitted by /u/justanotherdogno1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1by61mq/w7_or_vista_and_older_os_looks/
  3. Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive: I have completely removed OneDrive and everytime I open File Explorer it looks for the account folder in my "D:" drive. I used to have a school account stored on there, but I no longer use this account and want it completely removed. I have unlinked the PC and it converts it...
  4. Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows still looking for old OneDrive in D drive: I have completely removed OneDrive and everytime I open File Explorer it looks for the account folder in my "D:" drive. I used to have a school account stored on there, but I no longer use this account and want it completely removed. I have unlinked the PC and it converts it...
  5. um vista is great but 7 is better

in Windows 10 Gaming
    um vista is great but 7 is better: ok so this is just for virtrual macines but windows 7 n vista side by side ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/um-vista-is-great-but-7-is-better/b0d54e68-24a7-4d8d-9fde-b7054fe05552
  6. um vista is great but 7 is better

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    um vista is great but 7 is better: ok so this is just for virtrual macines but windows 7 n vista side by side ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/um-vista-is-great-but-7-is-better/b0d54e68-24a7-4d8d-9fde-b7054fe05552
  7. Old vista laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old vista laptop: So I was given an old windows vista laptop that supposedly is in good condition. Unfortunately, they could not remember the password and I haven't been able to get logged in. If I were to buy windows 10 installation, would it wipe it clean with an install so I can start over....
  8. PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC still looking for OneDrive in the old location: I just bought a new laptop. After setting it up, I've done two things: -Changed my user name from keddi to andrew (keddi was the old user name in the old laptop) -Canged the location of OneDrive from C:\Users\keddi to D:\ When I check the properties of OneDrive, I find...
  9. Still have window vista

in Windows 10 Support
    Still have window vista: I downloaded win10 on this computer. I was told windows vista was removed, nut I found out after I already paid and downnloaded win10 that there still must be some components of win vista still on computer. I am not sure what to do or if I can do anything. Can someone please...
  10. A look at the great built-in apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A look at the great built-in apps in Windows 10: We’re three days to our Windows 10 launch! Today, we’re sharing more about the great Windows 10 built-in apps like Photos, Maps, Mail and Calendar, Groove, and Movies & TV*. This family of apps shares an elegant look and feel and work consistently across all your Windows 10...