Windows 10: The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue

Discus and support The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just replaced my computer. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue. I can't find them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TravisReed2, Jul 23, 2020.

1. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue

I just replaced my computer. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue. I can't find them.

:)

TravisReed2, Jul 23, 2020

2. icons

I just replaced my computer. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue. I can't find them.

TravisReed2, Jul 30, 2020
  3. JohnG9210 Win User
    Printer icons in print dialog boxes

After I upgraded my HP LaserJet printer two icons for the printer now appear in the print dialog boxes-a new one and an old one. Of course, you can’t print to the old one, but some of my programs default to the old one HP informs me this is a Windows 10
    issue since the printer performs well.

When I check Printing Preferences for the printer, two printers appear in the drop down menu: the old one and the new one. Print Server Property lists only one driver.

How can I remove all instances of the old printer from print dialog boxes?

JohnG9210, Jul 30, 2020
  4. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue

The print queue is full windows 10

I had this same thing happen to me.

When I tried to print I would get an error saying that the print queue was full. There were no files in the print queue. There were also no printers listed in 'Devices and Printers.'

No need to reformat! Here's how I fixed mine:

I noticed that If I opened a print dialogue, the printers were listed.

• Open Print Dialog from an app (i.e. Notepad)
    • Right Click on a printer and select Printer Properties
    • Open Ports tab
    • Change port to 'file.'
    • Delete Port
      • If you get an error that the resource is in use:
        • Open the other printer properties pages
        • Change the other printers to 'file'
        • Delete ports

• As you delete ports, you will see the print queues repopulate into device manager as well as printers should now show up in 'Devices and Printers."

• Remake the needed Ports.
    In my case they were all HP TCP/IP Ports.

JeffKeller, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue

1. The old one had an icon for the HP Printer and another for the print Queue - Similar Threads - old icon Printer

2. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  3. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer duplicated -printer vs print queues: I have a strange issue that just happened. I went to print a shipping label only to see that it didn't print, yet I saw it in my print queue. After some digging, it seems that my label printer was duplicated in windows 10. So I now have labelprinter and labelprinter copy 1The...
  4. printer duplicated -printer vs print queues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HP Deskjet 3755 Not Printing Items In Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Deskjet 3755 Not Printing Items In Print Queue: I opened a post about my problem on the HP Forum. They have not responded. I am opening it on this forum because I am not sure if it is a HP problem or a MicroSoft problem.I just purchased a HP Deskjet 3755 printer. I connected it to my desktop pc and followed all the...
  6. HP Deskjet 3755 Not Printing Items In Print Queue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Deskjet 3755 Not Printing Items In Print Queue: I opened a post about my problem on the HP Forum. They have not responded. I am opening it on this forum because I am not sure if it is a HP problem or a MicroSoft problem.I just purchased a HP Deskjet 3755 printer. I connected it to my desktop pc and followed all the...
  7. HP Deskjet 3755 Not Printing Items In Print Queue

8. Windows 10 - one printer with two queues under one print queue.

Windows 10 - one printer with two queues under one print queue.: Hi, Since upgrading to Windows 10, the users are getting a popup stating that the printer they are printing to is unavailable. The job still prints. We have two applications that use the same printer. We accomplished this by setting up two print queues using the same...
  9. Printer keeps printing old document despite it not being in the print queue

Printer keeps printing old document despite it not being in the print queue: I have a HP Officejet pro 8710 and for the past 2 days it has just been consistently printing out an old document. The job doesn't pop up in the queue and I've checked the spool folder and it's empty. I removed the printer from my computer and added it back and for an hour...
  10. Printing but staying in the Printer Queue

Printing but staying in the Printer Queue: This is for a client of mine. It's a Sharp MX-B402SC printer working over a network. Items were printing for other people, but not for her. Restarting the printer seemed to be the fix for this. She can now print, but items are staying in her print queue. It doesn't seem to be...