Windows 10: The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing.

Discus and support The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greeting all, I've been meaning to post the old question for a while. I am asking if we have a known simple fix for the down arrows in start menu on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colsearle, Dec 3, 2020.

1. colsearle Win User

The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing.

Greeting all,

I've been meaning to post the old question for a while.

I am asking if we have a known simple fix for the down arrows in start menu on a clean installation to push whatever process updates the start menu tiles.

Even in 20H2 I am still reinstalling customers machines ( Clean Installs ) when the start menu fails to do it's thing.

Since the release of Win10 I have been plagued by this and couldn't count how many times I've had to " Go again " to get the start menu resolved. I have tried many of the driver and user profile fixes but in the last couple of years decided that loading again is the quickest route. The second install usually nails it. I did leave a laptop for a day earlier this week and the tiles appeared correctly after 24 hours which reminded me to post this. I like to turn around reinstallations for customers the same day so I can't afford the extra time. Something such as Microsoft Content must initiate the process.

Thanks for reading. As I say I'm only asking if someone knows a very " Simple " fix otherwise I may just as well keep installing twice when this happens.

Thanks again.

:)

colsearle, Dec 3, 2020

2. Unpinned start menu titles reappear with "A great new app is coming"

In the past, I unpinned all tiles from the start menu so that I have just the vertical column of apps.

Shortly after the 1809 update on February 4th, 2019**, these tiles came back, many of them empty: They have a downward arrow like they are downloading and most of them have a hint A great new app is coming.

But nothing is coming, and if I unpin them all again, they will reappear after one or more system boots.

The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing. droEK.png

Other info that may be relevant:

• (Right) Clicking the titles with the downward arrow does nothing.
    • The MS Store app settings have App updates on and Live titles on. I never use(d) the Store app.
    • The Downloads and updates section in the MS Store App list for recent activity does not have a one-on-one match with the reappearing tiles (either all of them or those that do not have the downward arrow)
    • As you can see from screenshots the OS language is Dutch. Keyboard is US.
    • Recent updates according to the old control panel (the list does not go further back than that??):

The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing. JNxI6.png

I hesitate to do reinstalls (as e.g. suggested here), so I'm asking here first:

What can I do to have these start menu tiles disappear?

** My company manages updates through WSUS and they had some issues with that, which made this update late:

The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing. xaybk.png

Jan Doggen, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Need old Windows Start menu

Hi,

I realize that you need the old Windows start menu. I will try to help you with this issue.

You can click the hash icon located above the 3D Builder icon to check if that helps.

Suggest you to follow these steps to check if that helps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Personalization and click Start.

• Enable the feature for “use start full screen”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 3, 2020
  4. nyahenry Win User

"A great app is on it's way!"

I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!"

how do I fix this?

nyahenry, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

1. The old start menu arrows a great app is on its way thing. - Similar Threads - old start menu

2. Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps still Noted as "A Great app is on it's way": Hey so Recently i got a new fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Pro Edition, My PC can't support windows 11 the thing is i did all my updates Both Microsoft Store and Settings all is marked as up to date but when i open the start tab i have many apps that's have the download symbol...
  3. Getting the message on start tiles "A great app is on its way!" Even though it has already...

Getting the message on start tiles "A great app is on its way!" Even though it has already...: It all started when I tried resetting the Start Menu via a registry modification. Little did I know that that message would appear when I did it. Why is this happening and how do I fix it? Notice: Make sure to show me a Youtube video on how to fix this....
  4. Download arrow or down arrow in start menu

Download arrow or down arrow in start menu: [ATTACH]I had reset [ATTACH] my windows 10 last day after resetting it i found that there are down arrows in start menu.Please help me and give a solution to this problem...
  5. Windows10>Great app is on its way issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows10>Great app is on its way issue: Ive an issue that just popped up where My start menu has icons showing a download button icon telling me that a great app is on its way. I have tried a couple things suggested on here but it didnt seem to work, Including checking for updates in the store and theses steps I...
  6. "A great app is on it's way!"

"A great app is on it's way!": i noticed on my start menu a tile that just says "A Great App is on its way!", how do i know what app is downloading? its been stuck like that for a few hours now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/8ce195ed-146f-4918-94c5-b368bd7360ac
  7. Windows10>Great app is on its way issue persists

Windows10>Great app is on its way issue persists: My start menu is resetting everytime into icons showing a download button icon telling me that a great app is on its way. I have tried the fixes suggested by all other online forums but none of them seem to work for me. One other observation is that everytime I restart,...
  8. "A great app is on it's way!"

"A great app is on it's way!": I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!" how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/72d1f04e-28ed-46a2-b9ab-87916f394d6f
  9. A Great App Is On Its Way Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Great App Is On Its Way Issue: I just purchased my HP Spectre x360 and when booting up Windows 10 for the first time out of the box, I noticed some tiles labeled "A Great App Is On Its Way!" This included apps such as Candy Crush, a paid version of Minecraft, and MSN Weather.[ATTACH]I then proceeded to...
  10. A Great App is on it's way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Great App is on it's way?: [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577