Windows 10: The old style context menu window actions.

Discus and support The old style context menu window actions. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cedric Demian Román, Oct 22, 2021.

1. The old style context menu window actions.

Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only in the contextual menu for window actions on a Paint window.

:)

Cedric Demian Román, Oct 22, 2021
  2. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Oct 22, 2021
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 22, 2021
  4. The old style context menu window actions.

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown The old style context menu window actions. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

The old style context menu window actions.

1. The old style context menu window actions. - Similar Threads - old style context

2. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The old style context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only in the contextual menu for window actions on a Paint window....
  3. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The old style context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it?That does not look very fancy only in the contextual menu for window actions on a Paint window....
  4. The old style context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The old context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The old context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-old-context-menu-window-actions/e7a6afc3-11fe-40da-8731-222aeef20227
  6. The old context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The old context menu window actions.: Hi, There is a bug: The Paint window is displaying the old style contextual menu for window actions. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-old-context-menu-window-actions/e7a6afc3-11fe-40da-8731-222aeef20227
  7. The old context menu window actions.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Context menu is not the Windows 10 style.: Do you remember the classic context menu in Windows? i have it. and it would not change from the registry keys. and i do not believe 3rd party softwares, because they were all unknown publishers. right now, my context menu is in classic style, now i only can wait for a new...
  9. Old style start menu

Old style start menu: Is it possible to switch the current start menu back to the old style start menu ? If so, how can it be done ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-style-start-menu/80ed68cc-87ea-4c18-bb6f-5bdb226476ba
  10. Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop

Black Context Menu for Taskbar and Old Context Menu for Desktop: Hello. Today I got an update, and I noticed afterwards that the Windows 10 context menu when you right click the desktop went back to the old version and not the Windows 10 version. Also, the context menu for right clicking in the taskbar turned black in the background. Not...