Windows 10: The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

Discus and support The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Mobile does have such a feature, though [img] Windows 10 adopters have mixed feelings about the new Start menu, and while some people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Dec 18, 2015.

1. The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

More: http://news.softpedia.com/news/the-o...s-497838.shtml

:)

Cluster Head, Dec 18, 2015

2. Live tiles missing

I have upgraded from win 8.1 to win 10. I have a start menu but not a win 10 one and the live tiles are missing. How do I change this please.

eddieparker-38, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Mobile - Cortana Live Tile Not Working

Hello Arnie

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I know that Weather App can be used as a dedicated live tile.

However, I want to have a transparent tile for weather updates and I am not interested in using third-party apps.

In Windows Phone 8.1, Cortana used to display weather information if it was one of my interests in her Notebook.

Since, she was a transparent tile, weather information was displayed in the same manner.

After updating to Windows 10, I have observed that Cortana isn't "alive" anymore on the Start Screen.

I was wondering if it was a problem on my end or the live tile feature itself has been deprecated for her in the latest OS.

ArrowKnight

ArrowPalladin, Dec 18, 2015
  4. larc919 Win User

The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

I still prefer lists with small icons in the Start Menu and am sticking with Classic Shell unless that option becomes available in Win10.

larc919, Dec 18, 2015
  5. altae Win User
    There are far more features missing. For example having different "All Programs" lists for apps and desktop software, the possibility to show Control Panel and PC Settings items in a list directly in start menu, generally lots of possibilities to customize the start menu... Transparent live tiles is not really on my top priority list. But for other users this might be different. Until MS let's me customize my start menu I'll stick to Classic Shell too.

altae, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Trust_No1 Win User
    I still prefer Windows 8 over 10. While 7 is my work beast, 8 is just more elegant then 10 IMO. LOL every time I think of Windows 10 I tend to compare it to the winner of the ugliest dog award.

Trust_No1, Dec 19, 2015
  7. sneekez Win User
    I wish that they would fix the calendar tile to show the date and appointments. Sometimes it shows sometimes it doesn't. And it's more not than it does. All the other tiles work eg. Mail, Weather etc.*sarc By the way I have rebuilt the stores several times and even a os reinstall. I have sent feedback to MS and I'm not the only one that has this glitch. My .02 cents.

sneekez, Dec 19, 2015
  8. The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

I humbly disagree. The main feature that the start menu lacks is folders. This to me is just obvious. The thing I dislike the most about 8 and 10 start menu, is how difficult it can sometimes be to find/distinguish apps from one another. Native apps sit on square similar colored tiles with just a teeny tiny icon on them along with their name(to be fair, the size of this icon has grown a little bit over time). It can take a little while to distinguish apps from each other with this recipe, and it does even when you know pretty much where you are going. You have to look around a bit. I know there are a lot of ways to skin a cat in Windows, and that you can link to apps on desktop, and taskbar for ease of use. Still, why create the slick new start menu if you aren't going to make it 100% useful. As it stands, I find myself installing rocketdock, and linking to main apps on desktop/taskbar, rarely using the actual start menu which was supposed to be one of 8 and 10's biggest new features. I have yet to own a 10 tablet, but if I did, I'd probably be clamoring even louder for this suggestion to get coded in. We need more emphasis on the icon, or better yet, 100% emphasis on the icon, we'd be a lot better off at least as far as the start menu goes.

Even more than this though, beyond the generic visual aesthetic of native app tiles, I crave the ability to organize my apps in folders on the start menu, and have them fan out in a visually pleasing way when opened, without actually leaving the start menu until an actual app is opened. I don't want to have to have an always present link to all of my apps along a massive grid (with groupings sure, but every app must always be visible) that may span a screen or two. Combine this fact with the generic nature of the native app tiles I discussed in the first paragraph, and it just adds to the search and hunt nature of the current start menu. Give us folders. Let me have my main 5-6 apps with their own links, and then beyond that, a folder for tools, another for finance, a 3rd for music apps, a 4th for social apps, things like that. I know you can put a folder on the start menu, fill it with shortcuts to apps, and have it launch in explorer. This is a 'workaround', it ain't slick. It isn't modern. Android and IOS have this feature built into their launcher, and have had it pretty much from the beginning. So did blackberry. It really can't be that hard to code.

Anyways, this is imo, the main missing feature of the Windows Start menu and has been since the beginning.

musiclover7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

1. The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles - Similar Threads - Feature Start Menu

2. Start menu live tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu live tiles: My live tiles stopped working but they seem to work in another user account. How do I fix it? I already deleted that registry entry named like NoTileNotifications and checked group policy :( submitted by /u/Petrenkov [link] [comments]...
  3. 20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question: I have the "Light" theme enable and I really like the the transparent tile backgrounds. I have noted that some of my start menu tiles are NOT transparent. IE: I have tiles for various folders. I have also have a tile for Google Chrome. All of the above tiles however...
  4. Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore

Start Menu Live Tiles not Working Anymore: I just factory reset my Windows 10 PC and the live tiles in the start menu no longer work. I've run the troubleshooter, which found nothing, and have tried resetting the apps but nothing seems to work. Any solutions?...
  5. Start Menu Tiles Transparency

Start Menu Tiles Transparency: I just installed the feature update 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) but my live tiles still aren't transparent. Is there anything that I must do to get that? [img] 163326
  6. Win 10 version 2004 Start Menu transparency

Win 10 version 2004 Start Menu transparency: I haven't use the start menu transparency option at all on my pc before untill i upgraded version 2004 May 2020 update. Some days ago i tried to make the start menu transparent but it doesn't work at all, i have tried several solution online but still not working. I...
  7. new transparent start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new transparent start tiles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DirtyOKD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrj9lj/new_transparent_start_tiles/
  8. Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working

Windows Start Menu Live Tiles Not Working: Hello. Just got a new computer today, win10 64-bit, i7. i can add apps to the live tiles, but then when i go to move them around or resize them, the start menu crashes. if i open it up again, the apps i added are gone, leaving only the ones that were already there. this...
  9. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10: Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'. Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all? 62749
  10. Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Live Tiles All Of Them Stopped Being Live: Guys, Out from the sky, all my Start Menu Live Tiles stopped being live. Did not touch a thing. Windows 10 x32, 1709 16299.334 Do not have a Restore Point. Could you please help me to bring them alive again. It also influenced that my Mail App pinned to taskbar does...