Windows 10: the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

Discus and support the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; please help me! D:> im literally so desprate right now! my computer is an inspirion 5675, and today when i turned it on, i got an error message saying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oshunoxtra, Aug 17, 2020.

1. the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

please help me! D:> im literally so desprate right now!

my computer is an inspirion 5675, and today when i turned it on, i got an error message saying that windows loaded incorrectly or something like that! i restarted it like i was told to, and the internet wasnt working! so then i troubleshooted it, and it told me to connect an ethernet cable! ive never used one on my computer before! so then i typed in all these commands the internet has told me to, ive looked at all the settings ive been told to, and nothing worked! i was so desprate i reset it completely! wiped the whole thing! i installed all the drivers for my computer specifically and it still isnt working!

ive been doing this for four hours! please if anybody could help me id appreciate it! im at a total loss! im so confused!

:)

oshunoxtra, Aug 17, 2020

2. Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Aug 17, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 17, 2020
  4. the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[

1. the only option i’m being given is ethernet! :[ - Similar Threads - option i’m being

2. I’m being given “ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED” on all browsers when I search, and no other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m being given “ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED” on all browsers when I search, and no other...: I’ve tried the IT Crowd “off and on again”, reseting my firewall to factory settings, flushing my DNS, troubleshooting and checking my firewall settings. All I get is an error code: ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIEDWhat can I do to fix this?...
  3. I’m being given “ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED” on all browsers when I search, and no other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m being given “ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED” on all browsers when I search, and no other...: I’ve tried the IT Crowd “off and on again”, reseting my firewall to factory settings, flushing my DNS, troubleshooting and checking my firewall settings. All I get is an error code: ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIEDWhat can I do to fix this?...
  4. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  5. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet: I'm trying to install my windows on my new ssd. When I'm trying to connect with my network settings it only allowed me to connect with Ethernet and no options for wifi....
  6. No options to connect with wifi, only ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No WiFi option in settings/only ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No WiFi option in settings/only ethernet: I don’t know what’s going on, I’ve tried going through device manager and all that, I’ve tried literally everything on the web... I’m using a Alfa network adapter, windows 10 enterprise clean install submitted by /u/Blunt_Anonymous_OG [link] [comments]...
  8. WiFi not an option only Ethernet

WiFi not an option only Ethernet: Earlier today like maybe 10 minutes ago i was online downloading a game in a party chat on my pc and suddenly the wifi went away. I checked and it seems my driver has the code 10 error. The decice is new and i know 2 other people who are also experiencing at the same time. Is...
  9. New Computer, only has ethernet option

New Computer, only has ethernet option: I bought a new computer today with WINDOWS 10 PRO and the only option to connect to internet is ethernet in bottom right corner. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-only-has-ethernet-option/53576954-3c78-45f4-97e8-a01193ff07f9
  10. Not given the option to download on pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not given the option to download on pc: Hello, I own Battlefield 4 and all the expansions on Xbox One. Recently, I wanted to experience it on PC. I looked at the "Xbox play anywhere" page, but I guess some games are not shared between platforms and I did not see the "owned" tag under the game. It did show that I...