Windows 10: The only solution to FIX GameDVR Missing/Deleted 'Captures' Folder, or change the location...

Discus and support The only solution to FIX GameDVR Missing/Deleted 'Captures' Folder, or change the location... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Follow these steps to fix a missing/deleted 'Captures' DVR folder, or to also change the location of the folder if you need to because of low HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [Dano], Jan 1, 2019.

1. [Dano] Win User

The only solution to FIX GameDVR Missing/Deleted 'Captures' Folder, or change the location...

Follow these steps to fix a missing/deleted 'Captures' DVR folder, or to also change the location of the folder if you need to
    because of low HDD space.

1. Go to "Search" or "Cortana" and type "regedit"

2. Run "regedit" as administrator and go to "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"

3. Right click on the {EDC0FE71-98D8-4F4A-B920-C8DC133CB165} key and then click the "modify" option to edit it.

3.1. If the key doesn't exist right click inside the registry window and click "new" -> "expandable string value" -> and name it
    as follows {EDC0FE71-98D8-4F4A-B920-C8DC133CB165} then do STEP 3.

4. Change the path to %USERPROFILE%\Videos\Captures (%USERPROFILE% stands for your windows username) if you want to restore the default location in the "Videos" folder.

4.1. If the folder doesn't exist, or you've deleted it, go to C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\Videos (for the default location) (%USERPROFILE% stands for your windows username) and create it using the "Create New Folder Option".
    Then name the new folder "Captures" and then do STEP 4.

5. If you only want to change the location of the folder, using the default method to change the location has a higher chance
    of bugging it than fixing it so simply repeat STEP 4.1. with the following changes:

5.1. Create a new folder in your bigger on size HDD (for example "E:")
    5.2. Follow STEP 3
    5.3. Follow STEP 4 by changing the location. (for example "E:\Captures" (to mark the new folder you've just created in the new HDD)
    instead "C:\Users\<YourUsername>\Videos\Captures")

6. Save and close the registry.
    7. Restart your PC.

:)

[Dano], Jan 1, 2019

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Jjoogood Win User
    GameDVR Listing Problems (Windows 10)

When I record a video on the GameDVR application, the footage does not appear in the GameDVR listings though it appears in the location that I set it to. This means that I can not trim or upload the video within the app.

I have tried:

- Restarting computer.

- Deleting everything inside folder.

- Recording another video.

Thanks!

Jjoogood, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

The only solution to FIX GameDVR Missing/Deleted 'Captures' Folder, or change the location...

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. The only solution to FIX GameDVR Missing/Deleted 'Captures' Folder, or change the location... - Similar Threads - solution FIX GameDVR

2. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  3. Change location of xbox capture folder

Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  4. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  5. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. cant change capture location from temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant change capture location from temp folder: cant change capture location from temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-capture-location-from-temp-folder/c0317057-0bae-4937-816c-f43f6da81534
  7. Captures folder missing

Captures folder missing: So I was an idiot and accidentally deleted a folder on my computer called "Captures," which appeared in my "Videos" folder. Turns out, this seemingly useless folder is the same one my Xbox One DVR uses to record and store my recorded game videos. I've emptied the recycle...
  8. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello: [ATTACH] I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D: so, I pressed properties and then elected location, then move and chose D: ,when i changed location i can't find captures floder in C: as shown above I opened D and the screen...
  9. Changing the location of Xbox captures

Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...
  10. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change capture location from Temp folder: After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted captures folder

2. captures folder missing windows 10

3. deleted captures folder for game dvr on my pc

4. win 10 capture folder deleted,
  5. windows accidentally deleted capture folder,
  6. game bar captures folder been deleted,
  7. my game bar captures deleted suddenly,
  8. captured video disappeared from video captures folder,
  9. captures folder,
  10. windows 10 game dvr disappeared,
  11. EDC0FE71-98D8-4F4A-B920-C8DC133CB165,