Windows 10: The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors

Discus and support The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors message appears […] This article The operating system cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 18, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors

WinClub, Jan 18, 2021

2. Error Loading operating system

I'm getting the BIOS System Configuration screen and at the very end

searching for Boot Record from IDE-0..OK
    Error Loading operating system

What can I do to make it boot?

doradeno2003, Jan 18, 2021
  3. error loading operating system.

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.
    Also, try updating your BIOS drivers and check.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 18, 2021
  4. The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors

1. The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors - Similar Threads - operating system cannot

2. the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: I got my pc used 3 weeks ago from Facebook marketplace and it's giving me this error. the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or corrupted \windows\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.syserror code 0xc0000221 my device specs are.B550 AORUS PRO...
  3. the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: I got my pc used 3 weeks ago from Facebook marketplace and it's giving me this error. the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or corrupted \windows\System32\DRIVERS\fvevol.syserror code 0xc0000221 my device specs are.B550 AORUS PRO...
  4. Windows error: the operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows error: the operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is...: I have tried everything that I can think of doing to try and get back into my laptop. This happened about a month and a half ago and after trying the regular system reboot for a couple of hours I just left it. The error code is 0xc0000225 I do not have a CD drive. I have...
  5. The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: So i've been using this pc 2 years and i get a error when i start the pc. It says:RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. File:...
  6. The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: So i've been using this pc 2 years and i get a error when i start the pc. It says:RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. File:...
  7. The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: "File: \windows\System32\drivers\disk.sysError code: 0xc000007b"I dont remember doing anything with system files or drivers. This issue just occured randomly.Startup repair doesnt work, in fact all recovery options in "Advanced" section are not working.Before that I had...
  9. the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or...: I keep getting this message when I start my pc. It wont let me do anything. Ive tried reseting or formating and it tells me there was a problem. I've also tried to restore it but theyre wasnt anything to restore. It wouldnt do the startup repair, and there was no imgame...
  10. Can’t boot into any operating system and shows “Missing operating system” error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot into any operating system and shows “Missing operating system” error: Hello, I installed Fedora and decided I didn’t like it, so I wanted to go back to Windows. I still had my Windows partition and GRUB wouldn’t show, so I tried to make it show and messed up in the process, and ended up wanting to restore the Windows bootloader. I tried doing...