Windows 10: The operating system did not shut down clean

Discus and support The operating system did not shut down clean in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to i tryed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ‍ ‍6, Feb 5, 2021.

1. ‍ ‍6 Win User

The operating system did not shut down clean

When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to

i tryed how to do it it never worked

my model

.HP laptop

.2020 HP laptop.

.1,300 $ HP laptop

Please tell me what to do.

Thank you

:)

‍ ‍6, Feb 5, 2021

2. Hyper-V Automatically being shut down randomly by the guest operating system

Hi, lenfant3 follow these steps

1. In Hyper-V Manager, choose the VM and then "Settings". Click on the Integration Services option and ensure “Operating System Shutdown” is enabled.
    2. Choose "Automatic Stop Action" option under Management.
    3. Choose "Shut down the guest operating system".

Abhishekumar.me, Feb 5, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 5, 2021
  4. The operating system did not shut down clean

' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

The operating system did not shut down clean

1. The operating system did not shut down clean - Similar Threads - operating system did

2. Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...: for the past 3 weeks every time turn off my windows 11 desktop using the power menu which is how ur supposed to do it and then turn it back on the next day as it starts up it says "Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata" as if I had just...
  3. Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...: for the past 3 weeks every time turn off my windows 11 desktop using the power menu which is how ur supposed to do it and then turn it back on the next day as it starts up it says "Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata" as if I had just...
  4. Continuous system shut down and "missing operating system" on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous system shut down and "missing operating system" on restart: My Windows 10 shuts down after 2 hours or so. On restart I get the message: "operating system missing". On second restart I'm able to getting started again. My Windows was recently re-installed a few days ago. Do I have to re-install Windows 10, or what could be the problem,...
  5. computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly": computer shuts down randomly showing"the opwerating system did not shut down cleanly" new computer, don't know why, have optane enabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-randomly-showingthe-opwerating/a68f7186-4c26-4180-95b6-6daf60c2dc25
  6. Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata

Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata: I have a PC that is displaying "The Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata" upon initial startup. Recovery options have failed and automatic Repair does not work. When I try to boot into safe mode, the computer restarts and then displays a...
  7. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly: What does "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" mean? how to fix it? I'm in windows 10 version 1903, it makes me stuck in booting screen...
  8. The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE

The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE: I am receiving an error message the my operating system did not shut down cleanly. I saw the posts on here to perform a Hard Shut down, then Advanced Option - Startup Repair and System Restore. I got that to work but I do not have my previous employees password and she...
  9. Shut Down - Operating System not found

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut Down - Operating System not found: My PC HP Envy W10 home, just shut down on me. I can't remember the exact wording but it was followed the message 'Operating System not found'. I rebooted and it's started fine. Is this the first signs a future problem? 121820
  10. The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power

The system shut down without Cleanly shutting down first Kernel-Power: I have been getting this Event ID: 41 I in the past had several of these and changed motherboard which seems have fixed the issue, however it seems to have returned again. The last previous was back in 2016-12-02 this morning I get up to my main business computer/server has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The operating system did not shut down cleanly