Windows 10: The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

Discus and support The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im stuck in an endless loop with this message. Any help would be appreciated. I have already tried shutting down three times and booting into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fulton73, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Fulton73 Win User

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

Im stuck in an endless loop with this message. Any help would be appreciated.

I have already tried shutting down three times and booting into recovery mode however it just brings me back here. I have run a full system diagnostics on it and everything came back good.

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata. [​IMG]

:)

Fulton73, Aug 20, 2019

2. Reconstructing Cache Metadata

after an update to my iTunes and installation of iCloud, I was instructed to restart my computer. I did so using the "restart" button in windows 10. Nothing happened, except the appearance of a grey screen with a blinking cursor.

I turned off the power and turned it back on. When I did so, I got the message that "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadata. Please do not interrupt this process." and a list of various things that presumably are
    involved in doing so. (not sure what they are).

It has been a week. It is still "reconstructing Cache Metadata" or something. What is going on? How long is this supposed to take? When do I give up and try something else?

FamilyTalbot, Aug 20, 2019
  3. PateeMc Win User
    Endless boot loop, reconstructing cache metadata

A few days ago, I took a Windows update and when it rebooted the endless black screen started again. It's now been like this for a few days, I cannot get to a login screen to restore to a previous point.

The message reads:

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

PateeMc, Aug 20, 2019
  4. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata

I have a PC that is displaying "The Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata" upon initial startup. Recovery options have failed and automatic Repair does not work. When I try to boot into safe mode, the computer restarts
    and then displays a screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we will restart for you." The stop code is CRITICAL PROCESS DIED.

I am able to bring up a command prompt but I am not sure how to proceed.

Curtis Dehaan, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

1. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata. - Similar Threads - operating system did

2. Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...: for the past 3 weeks every time turn off my windows 11 desktop using the power menu which is how ur supposed to do it and then turn it back on the next day as it starts up it says "Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata" as if I had just...
  3. Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata + all apps shut...: for the past 3 weeks every time turn off my windows 11 desktop using the power menu which is how ur supposed to do it and then turn it back on the next day as it starts up it says "Operating System did not shut down cleanly, reconstructing cache metadata" as if I had just...
  4. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  5. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  6. The operating system did not shut down clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shut down clean: When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to i tryed how to do it it never worked my model .HP laptop .2020 HP laptop. .1,300 $ HP laptop Please tell me what to do....
  7. Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata: I have a PC that is displaying "The Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata" upon initial startup. Recovery options have failed and automatic Repair does not work. When I try to boot into safe mode, the computer restarts and then displays a...
  8. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly: What does "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" mean? how to fix it? I'm in windows 10 version 1903, it makes me stuck in booting screen...
  9. Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...

Black a screen after "Reconstructing Cache Metadata" screen after forced shutdown on 6...: Whilst attempted to move files from a device to the computer via USB, I realised they were the wrong ones so aborted the process. This then caused the computer to be come unresponsive and when using CTR ALT DEL to kill all programs it became unresponsive. I forced shut down...
  10. I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks

I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks: My computer has been stuck on the same screen for a very long time after I my power went out during a storm a few weeks back while restarting. I have tried turning it on every few days but it continues to display the same message: The operating system did not shutdown...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconstructing metadata

2. reconstructing cache metadata

3. the operating system did not shutdown cleanly

4. the operating system do not start cleanly,
  5. The operating system did not shut down cleanly ,
  6. the system did not shutdown cleanly,
  7. win10 the operating system did not shutdown cleanly,
  8. error event id after not shut down cleanly,
  9. on booting up computer indicates operating system did not shutdown properbly. reconstructing cache,
  10. the system did not shut down clearly,
  11. operating system did not shutdown cleanly