Windows 10: The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated

Discus and support The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will present the symptoms, then proceed to identify the cause and then provide the solution to The operation being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 13, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated

WinClub, Feb 13, 2020

2. Device specific error, HTTP401: DENIED - The requested resource requires user authentication.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with accessing database of a specific website.

Let me point you in the right direction to get assistance, I would suggest you to post your query on TechNet forums, where we have expertise and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with your query.

However, based on my research you can try enabling the IIS and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and hit enter.
    3. On the upper left corner select Turn Windows Features on or off.
    4. Look for Internet Information Service (IIS) and check the box next to it
    5. Click on OK.
    6. Restart the PC.

In addition, you can also refer the article
    ADFS 2.0 error: 401 The requested resource requires user authentication
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persist, please post your query on TechNet forums as suggested.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

That is usually (but not always) a transient error. Sometimes you may also see an accompanying errorcode (0x8007139f).

If you reboot the computer that should fix it though some users report a manual update of Windows Defender may also be needed

If the issue continues, suggest you post back with more detailed information.

Regards...

Le Boule, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated

Error: The Group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation RuntimeBroker.exe

Hi Jay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you get an error, “The Group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation” when you try to open Settings.

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: SFC Scan

I suggest you to try running the System File Checker to repair the corrupted Windows components. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste in the following command and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow
    4. Restart the computer.

For more information, see
    Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: Re-register Settings app

Since you are receiving the error when opening Settings, I would suggest you to try re-registering Settings application and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name windows.immersivecontrolpanel | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

3. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Reset Windows Update Components

I would suggest you to manually reset Windows Update Components and then check for updates. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Paste the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :
    • net stop wuauserv
    • net stop cryptSvc
    • net stop bits
    • net stop msiserver
    • ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

• ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

• net start wuauserv
    • net start cryptSvc
    • net start bits
    • net start msiserver
    Restart the computer and check for updates.

You may also want to check if the issue persists in new user account. Refer the article
    Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

1. The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated - Similar Threads - operation being requested

2. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: After the latest windows 11 update, I am not able to read the smart card - IDEMIA ID-One PIC/CIV on V8 device ACS ACR39U ICC reader 0 - The smart card cannot perform the requested operation or the operation requires a different smart card...
  3. DISKPART has encountered an error, The request could not be performed because of an IO...

in Windows 10 News
    DISKPART has encountered an error, The request could not be performed because of an IO...: [ATTACH]DISKPART is a go-to command for Windows users to make partitions in a Drive. But for some of them, it fails to work. According to these users, when trying to do some task on a disk with this command, they see the following error message. DiskPart has encountered an...
  4. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  5. sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sfc scannow could not perform the requested operation: how to i fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-could-not-perform-the-requested/23cb2ada-660b-48a9-acd9-4a81999b5759
  6. Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resource-protection-could-not-perform-the/aa10ef85-3931-49be-ad00-2d816a4e7635
  7. The smart card cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 News
    The smart card cannot perform the requested operation: [ATTACH]When you try to use a smart card to authenticate to Windows, you might receive error messages such as The smart card cannot perform the […] This article The smart card cannot perform the requested operation first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. resource protection cannot perform the requested operation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    resource protection cannot perform the requested operation: The problem stems from me trying to update to 1909. It kept failing at 40% and restarting. I then started getting blue screen errors. I rolled back the update to 1803 and have not been able to get further. Dskcheck and dism have been completed no problem. Thes sfc...
  9. WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WRP Could not perform the requested operation 2020: I've been fighting with my CMD for the past couple hours now. I've attempted the DISM Repair protocol, chkdsk but to no avail. Upon investigating the issue via sfc /verifyonly I discovered there were in fact issues, I have discovered something interesting in the CBS Log for...
  10. The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed: I again and again have the infuriating experience that I start composing an email and when I finally hit the send button then I get the subject error message. Of course it has been changed! I just wrote it! *Mad What is this darn BS message supposed to tell me? What freaking...