Windows 10: The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.

Discus and support The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just caught auto maintenance trying to Defrag it not Trim, Defrag... Might want to keep auto optimization turned off. Unless it has always done that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Codeboy3423, Sep 6, 2020.

1. The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.

Just caught auto maintenance trying to Defrag it not Trim, Defrag... Might want to keep auto optimization turned off. Unless it has always done that before this bug.

submitted by /u/Codeboy3423
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Codeboy3423, Sep 6, 2020
  2. HJLBX Win User

After KB3163018 & 3149135 Automatic Maintenance Defragments SSD instead of Optimizing

After KB3163018 and KB3149135 were installed, I noticed that manually starting Automatic Maintenance that an SSD is defragmented instead of sending only the trim command to the SSD (optimization).

It's easily verified: just manually start Automatic Maintenance with the Defragment & Optimize Drives GUI open.

You will notice in the GUI that Windows defragments the SSD using multiple passes - Pass 1, Pass 2,...

It's a screw-up...

HJLBX, Sep 6, 2020
  3. boe323 Win User
    Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

Windows defrags ssds once a month ....with the new technology of ssds ....defragging once a month does nothing but keep the life of the ssd. Please do some research on ssds and windows. The only bug is that windows defrag wont retain the defrag history.
    You should set auto defrag to once a month is you have an ssd. Manual maintenance is in case of need to.

boe323, Sep 6, 2020
  4. CD555 Win User

The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.

Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

Same problem here on 3 PC's with SSDs!

CD555, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD.

1. The Optimization Memory Bug is fixed, but Auto maintenance still tries to Defrag SSD. - Similar Threads - Optimization Memory Bug

2. Optimize and Defragment Drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Optimize and Defragment Drives: Doing a little system upkeep, like Disc Cleanup, but when I do the Optimize and Defragment Drives, Iobit Advanced system care comes up and does the scan. Is that OK, or should I Exit it, and have the regular scan go?...
  3. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  4. SSD Optimization Bug Fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD Optimization Bug Fix: Has the SSD optimization bug fixed? It's been weeks since I have disabled the feature. I don't want to turn it back on until it's been fixed. submitted by /u/m_beps [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht36w6/ssd_optimization_bug_fix/
  5. Windows 10 still defrags ssd's instead of optimizing!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 still defrags ssd's instead of optimizing!: When I run automatic maintenance from the security & maintenance screen windows 10 defragments my samsung 960 pro M.2 c: drive instead of optimizing it. I thought windows 10 was smart enough to not defragment ssd's under any circumstance? If I have the optimize drives window...
  6. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug: Hi all I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues. 1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize tool in windows and I reboot it says 'never optimized' when i go back. I heard this was a bug in insider preview which they...
  7. SSD optimize and defrag

SSD optimize and defrag: There is a place to set optimize and defrag on or off and to schedule if you wish. However, I have read that Windows does this itself in its own way. So should I turn mine off or leave it set to a month? 130044
  8. Should "Defragment and Optimize Drives" be running for an SSD?

Should "Defragment and Optimize Drives" be running for an SSD?: I just noticed this today. I have a Samsung 960 EVO with Win 10 pro installed. I was monitoring something else with the Task Manager when I noticed that the optimize operation was running (Under the Task Manager it is listed as Service Host: Disk Defragmenter: Optimize...
  9. Windows Defrag schedule / SSD maintenance query

Windows Defrag schedule / SSD maintenance query: Hi all, As I posted in another thread (about another issue) a while back, I recently installed an SSD and did a clean install of Windows 10. Being my first experience of using an SSD, I did a lot of reading up on it, mainly about maintenance, such as defragmentation etc,...
  10. Defrag and Optimize

Defrag and Optimize: What is a good optimizer with W10. Thanks 39959