Windows 10: The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu

Discus and support The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I followed the instructions provided online to back up my harddrive files to add an external driveA box should appear to add a drive , however this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ntracs, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Ntracs Win User

The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu

I followed the instructions provided online to back up my harddrive files to add an external driveA box should appear to add a drive , however this option is not available on my screenImage my laptop. This image was obtained by Selecting \Settings\Update and Security\Backup I would appreciate it if you assist me with my problemThanks

:)

Ntracs, Nov 30, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 30, 2021
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

1. The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu - Similar Threads - Option add Device

2. The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu: I followed the instructions provided online to back up my harddrive files to add an external driveA box should appear to add a drive , however this option is not available on my screenImage my laptop. This image was obtained by Selecting \Settings\Update and Security\Backup I...
  3. The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Option to add a new Device on Settings/Backup does not appear on the menu: I followed the instructions provided online to back up my harddrive files to add an external driveA box should appear to add a drive , however this option is not available on my screenImage my laptop. This image was obtained by Selecting \Settings\Update and Security\Backup I...
  4. Add "New Folder" option to the Send To right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add "New Folder" option to the Send To right-click menu?: Could you just copy the "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option and edit it to create a non-compressed folder? submitted by /u/NuclearDuck13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kyv9kg/add_new_folder_option_to_the_send_to_rightclick/
  5. New Menu appears on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Menu appears on Start Menu: I have a problem on my computer. When I am opening the Start Menu to turn my computer off I have to click on the symbol for shutting down and then on "turn off". But if I am too slow with my mouse or clicking on the right part of the symbol a new useless menu opens up where...
  6. Is it possible to add new option to the right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add new option to the right click menu?: For example let's say that I have a file full of ids, and when I go to a site (which videos are indexed using ids) and want to download a video, instead of copying the id and searching it in my file I can just add something like "check for duplicate" which does that for me....
  7. Start Menu does not appear

Start Menu does not appear: Hello, Start Menu does not appear when users click on Windows Icon at desktop Screen. Could anyone suggest what could be the issue. This has been a general problem in windows 10 Regards, Rakesh...
  8. Bluetooth add devices menu does not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth add devices menu does not open: I am currently on Version 10.0.18980 Build 18980 of Windows 10. Whenever I try to open the "Add bluetooth or other device" menu within settings it does nothing. What should normally happen is a popup asking me what kind of device I want to add but Instead I end up with no...
  9. backup options - time settings

backup options - time settings: where are the time settings for backup options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-options-time-settings/e1f87bab-c215-4070-9b1f-74063a086753
  10. Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu: Windows 10 - "Extract All" option does not appear in menu. I had Winzip universal trial version installed and now its not working. Earlier "Extract All" option was appearing in right click menu, but after installing Winzip universal trial version, now Extract All option is...