Windows 10: The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

Discus and support The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So a while ago i've been having problems that were being caused by a third party app that i was using. At the time i wasn't aware that this third party... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LastGuardian, Jul 20, 2022.

1. The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

So a while ago i've been having problems that were being caused by a third party app that i was using. At the time i wasn't aware that this third party app was causing the issue, so to try to fix it, i've used the sfc /scannow command, and apparently there was an "issue" and this command "fixed" it. Except it didn't, all it did was completely remove the PIN option from my Sign-in options. Now i only have the option to use a regular password, a usb key or an image password. Normally this wouldn't be that big of a problem for me, but for some reason ever since this happened i cannot play anythin

:)

LastGuardian, Jul 20, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Changing from password to pin

Hi Alison,

It's good to know that you want to use the PIN option to sign in to your computer. It's great as well that you've already set up a password, since setting up a password is one of the steps for you to be able to use the
    PIN option. Here's the steps on how to set up a PIN:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Choose Sign-in options, then click Add under the PIN option.
    • Follow the prompt until you finish the setup.

Once done, you may lock your screen and try your PIN in
    Sign-in options

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jul 20, 2022
  4. The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

If the remove button is inactive it is because it is the only logon option currently enabled on your device (you have one method of logging on active).

Is it possible you have not set an initial password? Check by selecting the password option on the same account settings page and enter a new password. If you don't see the password option in the list then it's possible you have not completed the step 4 listed above (disable only Windows Hello).

BenMacDermott, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

1. The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished. - Similar Threads - option set PIN

2. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.: The Shut Down and Restart options are missing entirely. The only power option i'm able to use is sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-down-option-has-completely-vanished-from/a48f417d-2803-40ed-9d8f-393a84fc04d3
  3. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.: The Shut Down and Restart options are missing entirely. The only power option i'm able to use is sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shut-down-option-has-completely-vanished-from/a48f417d-2803-40ed-9d8f-393a84fc04d3
  4. My shut down option has completely vanished from every single menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.: So a while ago i've been having problems that were being caused by a third party app that i was using. At the time i wasn't aware that this third party app was causing the issue, so to try to fix it, i've used the sfc /scannow command, and apparently there was an "issue" and...
  6. The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The option to set a PIN password for my computer has completely vanished.: So a while ago i've been having problems that were being caused by a third party app that i was using. At the time i wasn't aware that this third party app was causing the issue, so to try to fix it, i've used the sfc /scannow command, and apparently there was an "issue" and...
  7. Set up my pin - no sign in with password option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up my pin - no sign in with password option: Hi thereMy computer was running slowly and I took poor advice to go to Macon fig and disable start up apps Since doing this it has the setup pin option and no sign in optionI’ve followed lots of advice including the following that did not work for me. I even told the computer...
  8. Set up my pin - no sign in with password option

Set up my pin - no sign in with password option: Hi thereMy computer was running slowly and I took poor advice to go to Macon fig and disable start up apps Since doing this it has the setup pin option and no sign in optionI’ve followed lots of advice including the following that did not work for me. I even told the computer...
  9. Bluetooth completely vanished from my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth completely vanished from my computer: Bluetooth was working fine last night, now it's completely gone, have tried looking on device manager > hidden devices and it's not there anymore and I have updated/restarted several times and still not there submitted by /u/RandomPerson223 [link] [comments]...
  10. Bluetooth has vanished off my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth has vanished off my computer: I was told to uninstall all bluetooth devices such that when i reboot it would automatically reinstall. Now i cannot access bluetooth from anywhere, and I have already tried everything fromthis article. I am still unable to even enable or disable bluetooth. Please help me...