Windows 10: The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon

Discus and support The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a problem with an old laptop running Windows 10 home (purchased with windows 7 home-OEM) and a Windows 10 professional whose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kruno_830, Aug 12, 2019.

1. kruno_830 Win User

The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon

Hello everyone, I have a problem with an old laptop running Windows 10 home (purchased with windows 7 home-OEM) and a Windows 10 professional whose license I received as a windows insider. The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon. Is it possible to use any of the mentioned windows 10 to upgrade windows 7 pro on that other computer. I suppose not, but I still ask. Thank you for your reply.

:)

kruno_830, Aug 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

kruno_830

Hi kruno_830

I am sorry, it will not be possible to use to use those licences to upgrade Windows 7 Pro on the other PC, since that was originally an OEM licence, sorry . . .

DaveM121, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon

1. The other computer is running windows 7 pro which should be upgraded soon - Similar Threads - computer running pro

2. Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade on Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running: I have been asked to upgrade a Lenovo desktop computer which is currently running W 10 version 1709. I want to upgrade to the latest version i. e. 1903. Do I have to progressively upgrade through the previous versions or can I go straight to 1903? 141133
  3. Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Which version of Office 2019 should I upgrade to not to for this ?: I have had few tragic incidences of either losing older Outlook databases or the incompatibility of which despite whatever steps suggested by Microsoft to migrate them to new format . So basically my pcs/laptops are now running on both office 2013 / 2016 , and since the...
  4. Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 Pro Should Continue for PRO USERS: Let's face it, Windows 10 Pro is NOT a Professional OS... it is setup for Family Users; note the Xbox/games & social media - TIME WASTERS. As a small business owner, I need the Pro part of the name to actually mean something. If you fill the system with games & other misc...
  5. Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgraded, not activated, which product should I buy?: Hi People and thanks for taking the time to read and help, My problem is ... I currently live in China and I bought a Dell G7, obviously the OS was in Chinese. I couldn't change the language to English as i needed to update to pro. I didn't check to see if the product...
  6. this computer is windows 10 you are telling me it is windows 7 which is my other compter...

in Windows 10 Customization
    this computer is windows 10 you are telling me it is windows 7 which is my other compter...: windows 10 will not update on this computer Microsoft is telling me it is windows 7 that is my other computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-computer-is-windows-10-you-are-telling-me-it/9daf9b5e-1e38-4b8d-bdb1-97852e75e74f
  7. Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Pro upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: Have tried several suggestions on upgrade of windows 7 Pro. Still get same error message: This PC cannot be upgraded to to Windows 10. PC is not yet supported for this version of windows 10...........
  8. in windows 10 what services should be running and which should be stopped

in Windows 10 Customization
    in windows 10 what services should be running and which should be stopped: I noticed that some of my services in task manager have been stopped and I would like to know if they should be stopped. Rather than trying to solve this myself and risk any further problems, any help would be appreciated...
  9. Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ramnit A and potentially other viruses which should i use?: Ok so i recently scanned my portable drive with the new malwarebytes 3.0, apparently didn't find anything on that. As soon as i installed MSE the moment i started scanning the drive Malware bytes went nuts quarantining SVChost.exe and MSE keeps apparently cleaning and...
  10. Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?

in Windows 10 Support
    Should I upgrade from Windows 7 Pro or from Windows 8.1 Core?: ​I have a new Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus laptop with Windows 8.1 Core. I also have Windows 7 Professional from my old laptop which died a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could be a good idea to install Windows 7 Professional in the new Samsung so that it will give me a better...